Branch A Ending: Verse XVIII - The End of Humanity

Nova opened her eyes, as she could visually see a man in a robe in front of her. It looked like one of the men she had seen who were talking about this Timeline. He was staring outside a big window, just looking into the storm as it enraged outside. Only the sound of the raindrops hitting the window was heard. But it was hard, almost like it was hail, something Nova had never seen. She sat on a sofa and watched out the window as well with amazement, but her focus came back to her as she quickly stood off the sofa. The room literally screamed royalty, it all looked so ancient- with different objects that lie in the room looking like it came from a different time from the other. She looked in front of her, looking toward the man in concern for her own safety.

The man pulled back his black hood, she could see his sort of long and spiky black hair. He turned to her, and she could notice that he had bright green eyes. She let down her guard, as she thought the man wasn't infected with the Ruse virus. He smiled at her as he approached her, but she backed up into the sofa, falling back into a sitting position once again.

          "No need to worry, Nova. You're in a safer domain." The man spoke calmly. "I am Xanadu, by the way."

Nova's eyes narrowed as she stared at the man. She glanced right behind him as she could see some numbers flying through the air outside. The light the air gave, a dark purple coloring as the storm began to calm down.

          "Where am I?" Nova asked Xanadu.

          "I... Uh- can't tell you that." Xanadu confessed as he sat down on a sofa in front of her, looking to have begun relaxing.

          "Why?"

          "The world you were living in, it's basically heading into a break. Which ultimately means it has no way of recovery."

Nova tilted her head to the side, "What do you mean?"

          "It means it's ending. You know- the end of Humanity, the end of the living life. The end of the entire Timeline. That's why I convinced my boss to allow you into this world, so you don't need to worry anymore."

Nova gasped and stood up from her seat, immediately alarming Xanadu.

          "No-... What about Atreyu, Bastion... And the others?" Nova shouted in distress.

Xanadu looked down, "It's hopeless, Nova. Nothing can help now. I looked into the future, I know what's going to come of this branch."

Nova shook her head furiously, "No! Send me back! I have to help them!"

Xanadu frowned as he looked up at her, "You'd rather go back to a distorted world like that to help your friends than to finally live a peaceful life here? I know what you are. You are the key that can truly build a new Humanity, and I can build a new Timeline. Together we can create a new world ourselves!"

Nova grunted painfully, as she looked at him. That's what she's wanted, and that's exactly what she was created to do. Create a new world, to house the souls that have been cursed into Kurutta Sekia. But she couldn't. She cared too much for the others. She felt terrible for even having to make a dramatic choice like this; Go with Xanadu and create a new world to save the trapped souls in Kurutta Sekia, the world of madness. Or go back to Kurutta Sekia and help Atreyu and Bastion. She felt weak, just as she looked back at Xanadu and spoke without thinking.

          "I want to go back." She spoke confidently.

Xanadu sighed as he stepped out of his seat, not looking at her. He looked to have been disappointed.