Chapter 47- Introducing Sebastian Moran

Emily's POV

----------------

"Is he still asleep?" I ask, lazily tossing and catching my phone in my hand.

"Yeah... he's been working on that case for the last three days. And you know what that means-" says John, rolling his eyes and taking a sip from his drink.

"No eating. No communicating. No sleeping," finishes Millie, inspecting a book in the light streaming in through the window.

I sigh, and lean back into the sofa, feeling hot and sticky and thoroughly fed up. We're in the middle of a heat wave, and the temperature in central London is unbearable. I fan myself with some file paper, and look around the room. None of us have the willpower to do anything productive. Sherlock's been sleeping for hours, and it's almost midday. The last thing I want to do right now is sit in front of a computer screen and hack. Nothing's really been happening over the last couple of weeks- aside from the occasional case coming through from Lestrade. Helping the law isn't really my forte, so I've just been keeping them company- partially to prevent me from sinking further into unrequited boredom.

No-one has brought up the events since the disastrous confrontation at my apartment. This is a good thing.

I don't particularly want to be reminded.

-------------------------

Millie's POV

------------------------

"I'm going to wake him up," says Emily after a while, pushing herself up into a sitting position.

"No!" John and I say simultaneously. She looks up at us, confused.

"Bad idea. Really, really bad idea," says John shaking his head, "If you think he's irritating normally, you don't want to see what he's like when you wake him up."

A wicked grin spreads across Emily's face.

"I'm serious... I know that look, Emily. Don't do it."

She stands up, her eyes glinting-

"I'll think I'll bring him a drink, seeing as it's so hot."

"Emily-"

She ignores him, and goes over to the kitchen, filling up a glass of water. The devious look hasn't left her face. She walks over to his room, and puts a finger to her lips. John shakes his head frantically. Her smile widens.

She disappears out of view.

We look at eachother and listen.

There's the noise of creaking floorboards as she makes her way over to the bed.

There's a pause.

And then the noise of water hitting the headboard, and Sherlock's sharp intake of breath.

Emily darts out of the room, laughing, as Sherlock emerges , sopping wet and furious.

I have to bite the insides of my cheeks to stop myself joining in.

John presses his lips together tightly, compressing a grin, at the sight of Sherlock looking so dazed and so angry at the same time, his shirt dark with water and hair streaked across his forehead.

"Catch."

Emily throws the glass at him, in a neat arc, and he catches it in one hand, looking down as the remnants of the water splash up onto his sleeve. She laughs again, then sits down. Sherlock glares at her, then walks over to the kitchen, and busies himself, presumably trying to salvage his dignity.