Chapter 4

A day had passed since Klaus had bitten Marcel's friend. At the moment, Marcel sits alone in a pub with his phone pressed at his ear. A scowl is on his face. His vampire entourage all surrounding him at their own tables. "You find him, and then you call me. Don't worry. I know how to deal with Klaus." Marcel hangs up the phone wanting to slam it down. Klaus and Damon had pissed him off last night.

"Is that so? Please elaborate," Elijah says as he suddenly appears in the pub.

"Elijah Mikaelson," Marcel states. At that moment the vampires surrounding him rise out of their seats and get into defensive stances ready to attack. "No," Marcel tells them. "I got it. It's all good."

Elijah sits opposite of Marcel and the vampires sit as well. "It's about time we had a little chat."

Marcel doesn't feel like dealing with the man who was like an uncle to him. "Well if you're gonna talk, talk. I've got things to do," he tells him.

Elijah gives him a small smile. "Oh my, you have grown quite confident over the last century, haven't you?" Elijah looks over Marcel's whole being. He could never see what had interested his brother in taking in these children over the past century. But with staying around Klaus, Elijah had grown attached to each one. The oldest two were never really his favorites and at the moment Marcel was his very least.

"Me," Marcel asks with a bit of zeal. "I'd say it's you and your brother who got cocky, coming to my town like you own the place."

"Well, we did own the place once," Elijah says looking around. "We were all quite happy here as I recall. But we could never control those pesky witches of the French Quarter. How do you do it?"

"Your brother asked me the same question. And so did my—So did Damon," Marcel grunted. "I gave them both the same answer: It's my business. Everything in the Quarter is my business. Klaus comes into town all nice and friendly, then he starts looking down his nose at what I've down like it's some cheap knock-off of one of his dumb paintings. Then he gets pissed off like a little bitch and bites one of my guys."

Elijah takes note of how Marcel doesn't seem to want to be apart of this family anymore. How he doesn't address Damon as his brother or Klaus as his father. It shocks Elijah, really. Marcel used to be the one who doted on his father and siblings. It seems a century of having your ego stroked can change you. At the moment Marcel was like a child having a century old temper tantrum and needed to be put in time out.

"Well, I do apologize for Klaus' poor behavior," Elijah says in a somewhat sarcastic manner. "I assume you know that that bite will kill your friend within a matter of days." Marcel looks down with sad eyes at the table. The atmosphere around them becoming blue. "Of course," Elijah pauses. "Niklaus' blood would cure him."

Marcel's eyes widen in shock. "What?"

"Yes," Elijah states. "Apparently the blood of the hybrid will cure a werewolf bite. Quite a handy little thing when one needs leverage in negotiation."

Marcel narrows his eyes at that. He doesn't want to play into his uncle's...Elijah's hand. Something didn't feel right about this. "What kind of negotiations are we talking about?"

"Return the body of the witch Jane-Anne," Elijah answered. "Allow her people to put her to rest."

"What do you care about the witches?"

"Well, that's my business, now, isn't it?" Elijah smirks at Marcel. He gets up from his seat and turns towards the door. He then remembers something earlier that had occurred. "One more thing," Elijah says turning around to Marcel.

"What," Marcel inquired.

"Bonnie. The young girl Klaus has taken in," Elijah says.

"What about her?"