TBD 8

"Banshee." Pagbasa ko sa salitang nakasulat sa papel na ibinigay kay Subaro nung babaeng sinasabi niya.

"Anong ibig sabihin niyan?" Tanong ni Sana habang pinapakain si Haiku.

Naging tahimik ako sa loob ng ilang segundo habang tinitingnan ang papel na hawak ko ngayon.

"A Banshee is a female spirit that warns about an upcoming death. And there is no other way to explain these all - danger is already at our doorstep."

I felt a tremendous amount of fear surrounding us the moment I said those words

I felt a tremendous amount of fear surrounding us the moment I said those words. Alam kong alam niya na hindi ito isang magandang balita para sa amin.

"Anong plano mo?"

Sandali akong napatingin sa kawalan nang itanong niya sa akin 'yun. Ano nga bang gagawin ko? Iba na ang sitwasyon ngayon. Noon ay si Subaro lamang ang pinuprotektahan ko, ngayon ay nakasalalay na rin sa mga kamay ko ang kapalaran ng buong tribo. Hindi ako pwedeng magpadalos-dalos na lang at gawin kung ano ang gusto ko.

Kung ako si Kieth, anong gagawin ko?

"In life, all we've got are options to choose. Do we favor peace over war? Do we fight for ourselves or for those we love?"

Isang alaala ang muling nanumbalik sa aking isipan. Mga panahong sinabi ni Kieth sa akin ang dahilan kung bakit niya ako minahal.

"All my life I was told that loving someone was never an option for us, assassins." He started talking, reaching for my hands as we watched the stars far from the sky.

"That was all until you happened." He held my hands tight, as if I was an option worth fighting for.

He looked at me and I saw not his eyes but his deepest secrets, his soul, and his mind.

"You were never the answer they wanted me to choose. But I still chose you, over the rules to choose responsibility. I chose love because you are my responsibility."

"You made me realize that not all questions are made for a single answer. Sometimes, you will understand that you can choose more than what you're told."

"And even if I will be forgiven, I will still chose to answer you."

"Under this moonlit night, I will tell you that I never regretted choosing you. And always, I will fight for you along with my responsibilities."

And then I saw a tear fell down his cheeks. I immediately tried to wipe his tears away before asking, "Why?"

He held my hand again and smiled.

"Because we are not restricted to follow a single beat desired by our hearts. I can love you whenever I want, and there are no rules to stop me from doing that." His face reached mine and in a second, we were sharing each other for the rest of the night.

"I know what I am going to do." I told Sana, I saw her smile and I know she saw mine, too.

"Are you going to find the woman that gave Subaro those things?" Tanong ni Sana.

"I will."

"But, we are not bound to do anything reckless now. Especially when the Councils have spotted our base," Nami replied with a worried face.

"Then, I will use the trump card they have given me. I will stood up because we are not restricted to follow a single beat desired by our hearts. I won't just lead the Shinigamis, or prioritize on finding the woman that wants my son dead, I will do both for the sake of our future."

Nami's smile widens. Lumapit siya sa akin at inabot ang kamay niya.

"I'm with you, boss." And I gave her the smirk of a tougher version of myself.

***
Kinabukasan ay kaagad akong nagmadali sa silid nina Zoro. Syempre,  hindi ko na pinalipas ang pagkatok dahil baka ano pa ang matuklasan ko sa loob.

"Zoro, I need to talk to you," I called but he seems so busy that he can't even look at me. Natsumi, on the other hand, is just looking at me with those mocking eyes.

"Good morning, Michi. Teka lang, tatapusin ko muna i-"

But before Zoro could finish his sentence, Natsumi butted in.

"Are you done with your training? Can't you see that the people here are busy? If you can't atleast help us then do not disturb us while we're doing work."

Hindi ko naman mapigilang mapangiti dahil sa sinabi niya. Is she mad at me dahil naistorbo ko 'yung ginawa nilang work noong nakaraan?

Nakita ko naman ang pagkunot ng noo niya dahil siguro sa pagngiti ko.

"I am done with my training, Natsumi." And I saw her roll her eyes on me. "And I appreciate that," I added, referring to what she did.

I gasped for some air to breathe before telling them what I want.

"Now that I am done with my training, I want to be part of making the plans for the tribe, like I am meant to do," I said, throwing shade towards Natsumi and her bitter attitude. No wonder people get intimidated by her presence. Tsk.

"At ang kapal mo nam-"

"Oh yes, sure!"

Sabay kaming napatingin ni Zoro kay Natsumi na umuusok na ata ang ilong sa galit. Oops.

"What did you say, Natsumi?"

"N-Nothing. I don't care." She immediately sat down her chair and continued reading the book she was reading.

"Desperada, akala mo naman angganda."

Halos mapanganga naman ako dahil sa narinig kong inner voice. I was shocked for the fact that I have managed to read that but I was more caught off-guard by what she said. Buti nalang at hindi nabasa ni Zoro iyun dahil siguro sa pagiging occupied ng isip niya ngayon sa dami ng ginagawa.

Pero hoy! Kung nababasa mo man ang isip ko ngayon, wala akong planong agawin 'yang lalakeng 'yan sa'yo. May asawa't anak ako at wala akong pakialam sa inyong dalawa!

Grabe maka-desperada, mas maganda ako sa'yo kung tutuusin.

Kaagad ko namang tiningnang muli si Zoro. "I have plans, I suggest you to hear me out."

"That's good. Let's deliberate our plans later, I've got some things to finish," Zoro replied.

"Sige, babalik ako mamaya. Salamat." Akma na sana akong lalabas nang muling magsalita si Zoro.

"I almost forgot, since you are done with your training, you can transfer here now."

"What!?" Sabay naming sigaw ni Natsumi.

*****