7 | graduation

Athena was happy

Athena was happy. Happy that she was finally graduating and starting a new life with her husband and children. She wore a beautiful summer dress that hugged her figure. You could see her pregnant stomach but she didn't care. She was fine with everyone knowing she was pregnant.

"I'm so proud of you, sweetie." Her mother smiled as she hugged her. Athena was grateful that both her parents had turned up to her graduation. They had always done everything they could for her and she wanted them to know she appreciated everything, especially now that she was going to be a mother.

"Congratulations little May," her father spoke. Athena laughed before hugging her father. He had been away for a while but stayed over for longer periods of time after he found out he was going to be a grandfather. He had not been happy at first but he saw the joy in his daughter and knew he had to suck it up.

"Thank you. Both of you. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you both in my life," Athena tearfully smiled. She could feel the tears brimming in her eyes but blinked them away. Before she could speak, her little sister hugged her.

"Congrats, sis." Athena laughed as she hugged her sister tightly, their brothers soon following. Wyatt had graduated alongside her and she couldn't be happier. She was proud of him. As she spoke to her family, arms wrapped around her. She knew exactly who it was from the tingles his touch left behind.

"Congratulations, darling. I'm proud of you," Jasper smiled. This was her first time graduating and he wanted it to be special for her.

Athena turned around to face him, "Thank you, love."

Alice had decided to throw a graduation party but Athena wanted nothing to do with the party

Alice had decided to throw a graduation party but Athena wanted nothing to do with the party . Hence why she was sat on her bed in the Cullen's house, looking up at the ceiling.

"You should come downstairs," Jasper spoke.

Athena just shook her head in refusal, "Not happening, Major."

"Why not?" Jasper asked as he sat down on the bed next to her.

"Honestly, I'm comfortable. Besides, I've had this bad feeling all day. Like something is going to happen and then I have a vision that just makes matters worse." Athena sighed.

"What did you see?" Jasper asked in concern. He had noticed that his wife had been lost in her own thoughts most of the day. That had only got worse when she went home to drop off her stuff before coming to the Cullen house.

"We're not going to Seattle. The army is coming here," Athena stated. Before Jasper could ask anything further, Emmett practically barged into the room.

"You both need to come downstairs." Husband and wife looked at him in confusion before following him downstairs.

"They'll be here in four days," Alice started.

"This could turn into a bloodbath," Carlisle sighed. He always hated having to take a life. Hence why he left the Volturi.

"Who's behind it?" Edward questioned.

"Not anyone I recognised. Maybe one," Athena spoke. No one knew that she had the same vision but they didn't question it. If she saw it, they were definitely coming.

"I know his face. He's local. Riley Biers. He didn't start this," Edward concluded.

"Whoever started this is staying out of the action," Alice spoke.

"They are playing with your blindspots in your vision." Carlisle spoke as he looked at Alice.

"Either way, the army is coming and there isn't enough of us to protect the town," Jasper commented. Athena sighed, wrapping her arms around his body, taking in his comforting scent.

"Hold up. What damn army?" Jacob questioned.

"Newborns. Our kind."

"What are you after?" Embry asked.

"They were passing around Athena and Bella's scent. A black jacket and a red blouse," Alice said. Embry and Quil looked at the Protecter in concern. She had become like family to them and the last thing they wanted was for her and the babies to get hurt.

"They're after Bella. What the hell does this mean?" Jacob asked, frowning. Embry and Quil rolled their eyes at their best friend. They knew he loved Bella but Athena meant more to the Pack and they were going to protect her and her children at any cost.

"It means an ugly fight. With lives lost," Carlisle spoke.

Jacob looked at his Pack members who nodded at him, "Alright. We're in."

"No. You'd get yourselves killed," Bella protested.

"I wasn't asking for permission."

"Edward," Bella whined.

"It means more protection for you," Edward sighed. He didn't want the wolves involved but he knew because of Athena, they would be anyway.

Athena frowned looking at Bella, "Bella, it's what they do. They will fight because we don't want this army to come to town. It's their duty as protectors to protect this town. Nothing you say will change that. You have no right to ask them not to fight. You're perfectly fine with my family sacrificing themselves to protect you but you won't ask them not to. Don't whine. Not everything is about you." Edward glared at her but didn't move to speak while Bella just frowned at the brunette. No one in the room moved to speak, knowing the brunette was right but she was also angry.

"Jacob, you think Sam will agree to an understanding?" Carlisle asked.

"As long as we get to kill some vampires."

"Jasper?" Carlisle continued. Jasper looked at his wife and knew he had to agree. He refused to put his wife and children at risk. The Pack would help protect her, even if he didn't like them.

"They will give us the numbers. Newborns won't even know they exist. That'll give us an edge," he concluded.

"We'll need to coordinate. We'll need training. Fighting newborns requires some knowledge that Jasper has. You're welcome to join us," Carlisle offered.

"Alright. Name the time and place."