chapter 12

Third person

(Y/n) didn't pullback her attacks and held no hesitation in her crazed eyes. Everything was a blur when she threw herself at Sebastian, aiming for his eyes and throat. The poor male demon couldn't do anything against her and continued to dodge her attacks. Something within him cracked when she cursed his name and swiped her nails at his face. Ducking down, Sebastian grabbed her waist and tackled (y/n) to the ground, roaring whilst doing so. It held all of his anger, sadness, helplessness and yet no one would understand that they flowed with each shout he mustered. No one would understand how much strength was put into tackling (y/n) to the ground. Panting, he sat on top of (y/n) and pinned her arms above her head. She snapped her teeth at him, throwing her head around whilst spitting out crazed sounds. Her breathing was uncontrolled and Sebastian grew worried that she might pass out from her hyperventilating.

"(Y/n)! Listen to me! Please come back to me!" Sebastian shouted over her growling. "Pull through damn it!" He was always known for keeping emotions hidden behind a smirk or an emotionless face. But when it came to (y/n), everything came out from underneath his skin. Nothing could be hidden when she's involved. The demon who would always win had lost her and his eyes squinted in a plea. "Please." His voice broke and he hung his head. Sebastian failed her. He made her cry and he couldn't save her from the insanity brought on by the drug. The demon below him froze and made no attempt to escape Sebastian's grasp. (Y/n) stared at him with clear eyes whilst she exhaled a deep breath.

"I'm not (y/n)." She whimpered and tears formed in her eyes. "I'm not her...I'm not her. I'm not her!" Without any warning she yanked an arm out of Sebastian's grip and swiped her nails across his cheek. Blood dribbled down the males face and he winced in pain. "She's gone! She's gone!" A laugh ripped through her throat and and licked the blood on her fingers.

"Don't say that!" Sebastian yelled and shook his head. (Y/n) used his emotions to her advantage and threw him off of herself when he was at his weakest. There was no hesitation or remorse and a cold blooded smile stretched across her dry lips.

"Sebastian~ you're gonna die!" She said in a sing song voice and skipped towards Sebastian, who was on the floor still unable to get a grip on the situation. But before she could get any closer, He stumbled up and bolted away from (y/n). "Ooo a chase! Run while you can, I'll soon catch up!"

Sebastian's P.O.V

I hid from (y/n), unable to fight her. Despite being known as the cold hearted butler, I couldn't fight back at all. With a frustrated growl, I ran my hand through my hair and clenched my teeth together. What could I do? This was a situation I had no control over. Suddenly the wall behind me crumbled at the impact of something hitting into it and I dodged the stones. Twisting around, I saw (Y/n) smiling with a bloodied knuckle. The blood that was dribbling down her hand wasn't red anymore, instead it was a thick black liquid.

"I told you I would catch up!" She chuckled and ran towards me, releasing a crazed war cry. Her hand impaled my stomach and I coughed up blood, wide eyed and gasping. Despite the fact I had a hand go straight through me, I reached out to (y/n) and pulled her into the hug. She froze within my embrace and her breath hitched in her throat.

"Words can't describe how sorry I am." I whispered into her ear and tightened my arms around her now shaking body. "Do whatever you want, kill me or torture me. Because an eternity without my Fiancé, wouldn't be worth living." The hand that was inside my stomach slowly pulled back and (y/n) stared up at me with wide eyes. Her tear stained face didn't know which expression to choose from. Suddenly, she pushed me away and held her head in her hands, falling to the floor whilst curling up. A blood curdling scream ripped at her throat and she squeezed her eyes shut.

"I'm not her. I'm not her. I'm not her." She said to herself and her whole body shook. Blood once again dribbled out of her nose, ears and eyes ,yet it continuously changed from black to red in a repeated loop. However, it all stopped in an instant and she was frozen on the floor with her eyes wide open. Stumbling up, she looked over to me and shouted loud enough for the 'doctor' to hear. "He's dead! May I have some more food." My eyebrows furrowed and I cocked my head to the side. But (y/n) didn't answer my unspoken question and left without another word. Even though she left and was still answering to the 'doctor', a spark of hope ignited into a flame when she kept me alive. Somewhere deep inside her is the (y/n) I love.

"Bassy! My dear are you okay?" A shrill voice called out from behind me and I cringed at the realisation of who it was. As to why he was here, I had no clue. "Where is (y/n)?"

"Shut up!" I snapped and spun around, glaring down at Grell with cold eyes. William was behind him, pushing up his glasses with his spear. He had a subtle spark of surprise within his eyes, due to my sudden outburst.

"So I was right." William sighed and planted his spear into the ground. "She's lost her sanity, am I correct?"

"Not entirely." I walked past the two reapers and thought back to when (y/n) stared at me with wide eyes. I remembered that small window of sanity and that brought a smirk to my face. "You're going to help me get her back, or I will take every soul you aim to get and what would that mean William?" I glanced over my shoulder and saw the reaper sigh through his nose with closed eyes. Slowly he opened them and glared at me in disgust.

"More paper work....And don't speak so familiarly with me"

"Deal. But first we need to take a trip to see a certain someone who can help."