//"I love you."\\

Tyler's POV

What's the best way to wake up in the morning? The answer is: in Joshua Dun's arms.

I wake up and see that Josh's arms are wrapped around me.

"I must have fallen asleep in his arms last night . . Oh well, I'm not complaining! I don't think his alarm for school has gone off yet so . . ."

I close my eyes again and start to drift back off, still feeling the warmth of his embrace.

It was probably only 20 minutes after that, that his alarm went off waking the both of us. Josh grabs his phone and turns it off. I sit up and groan.

"You still tired?" he asks while I rub my eyes.
"Yeah."
"Do you just wanna stay home from school and hang out?"
"I'd love that . . I should text my mom first though."
"Okay. I'm gonna go make us some coffee."

Josh leaves the room. I sit up on his bed and put my head in my hands.

"What am I going to do?? I have to find a way to tell him . . but how?"

After a few minutes of trying to figure out how in the world I will tell Josh the truth, I decide to join him in the kitchen.

I walk into the kitchen and see Josh leaning on the kitchen counter.

"Well, good morning sunshine! Did you text your mom yet?"
"Oh . . Um . . . yeah. I did. She said it was fine if I stay home from school."
"Sweet!"
"Don't you mean sick?"
"Oh yeah," he chuckles, "Sick!"

Josh quickly turns around and puts his elbows on the counter. He rests his chin in the palms of his hands. I stand there looking at his back.

"You okay?" I ask, confused.
"Oh . . Uh, yeah. I'm fine."

I walk over and put my hand on his shoulder. He turns around to look at me. His face is as red as a tomato.

"Sorry, my face started feeling warm . ." he says.

He covers his face with his hands. I grab his wrists and move his hands away from his face.

"It's okay . . It's cute when you blush."
". . ."
"I'm such an idiot! Why would I say that?! Sorry if I made things awkward . . I knew I'd ruin this!"

Before I give him a chance to respond, I run out the door. I run as fast as I can. I don't know where I'm going, but it doesn't matter.

"Josh is the only friend I have and I just ruined it! I'm such a screw up. I don't even have anywhere to go . ."

Then it hits me. I know where I'll go. I run to the highway. There's two gigantic hills. One on the left side of the highway and one on the right. There's also a bridge that connects the two hills. It's a big, metal bridge that's suspended about 20 feet above the highway.

I get to the top of the hill on the right and step onto the bridge. I walk into the center and swing my legs over the edge, sitting on the ledge. I watch my feet dangle over the road, which looks oddly soft . . Like I could jump without being harmed . . .

Every time a car zips past the breeze knocks me off balance. I close my eyes.

"It's so quiet up here . ."

Tears stream down my cheeks.

"I love Josh. I love him so much, but I know he'll never feel the same about me . ."

I stand up and walk along the ledge. I stick my arms out to each side like I'm tight rope walking. Every time the wind blows I teeter, coming closer and closer to falling.