//Going Home\\

Tyler's POV
I sit in a chair next to Josh's bed and giggle as he emits a light snore out of his slightly opened mouth.

"He's so peaceful when he sleeps."

I decide to start journaling, since tiredness has yet to strike my eyelids. I bend down and grab my song book out of my backpack. I flip past where I wrote down 'Goner' and the song I wrote for Josh, which I have yet to name. Finally, I get to the empty pages lying behind the 'lyric ideas' page, which is really just late night thoughts I've had . .

"Ahh. Fresh, new page."

I start writing:

Journal Entry 1

It's been a week since Josh woke up from his coma. He finally gets to go home tomorrow. Laura went home, giving Josh and I some time alone until she comes to pick us up tomorrow. I set up Josh's late Valentine's Day surprise the other night after he fell asleep.
Anyway, on to why I decided to make this journal thing. I hope writing in here will help with this voice in my head. I've also tried coming up with a name for it, so it becomes like a real thing to me and I can really address it. Normally with figures like this, people name it based on their features. It doesn't have features, so I've gone with a name based on its absence of features. Blurryface. Or, for short, Blurry. I'm using this journal as a sort of 'therapy', seeing as how I can't talk to Josh about what's going on. I don't want to risk putting him in any type of danger.
Blurry keeps-

I stop writing as I hear Josh tossing and turning beneath his blanket. I notice his breathing become quicker. He throws his head from side to side, pressing his cheeks into the pillow. I get up from my chair and sit on the edge of his bed. I rub his shoulder soothingly, hoping it will calm him down. His torso shoots forward, making him sit upright. I jump back in fear. Beads of swear collect along Josh's hairline, and race down his face to his nose. He pants as if he'd just finished running a marathon.

"Josh, are you okay? You scared me," I say, once I've composed myself.

He takes a couple of deep breaths and shakes his head in attempt to rid himself of the tension built up in his neck.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just had a bad dream."
"What was it about, baby?"

Josh's POV

"Oh, ya know. I just killed myself, sending you into a deep, dark depression, inevitably leading to your suicide. No big deal."

"I was . . um . . just running . . . from a pack of wolves . . . Wow, that's a really stupid reason to be scared. I'm sorry, Ty."
"Don't apologize, Jish. If it scares you, then it's not stupid."
"What in the world did I do to deserve you?"

"I was just thinking the same thing," I ignore the shadow man's comment, trying to focus on Tyler.

"Awe, I feel the same way about you."

Tyler leans forward and hugs me. I close my eyes, basking in the warmth of his embrace. My eyes drift open mid-hug and I see the shadow man hovering behind Tyler.

"Shh," another wickedly unsettling grin spreads across his face before he dissipates into thin air again.

~

We get home from the hospital and walk towards the house. Tyler gets to the door and starts to twist the doorknob before turning around and saying,

"Oh, wait! Josh, cover your eyes."
"Okay?"

I put my hands over my eyes as I feel Tyler grab ahold of my arm to guide me.