Suka #9

RANDOM RANDOM! | The glass stereotype

Do you ever wonder why meek people seem more occupied of themselves and are contented with being just insignificant apparitions inside a box called classroom? Well, I don’t because I’m one of them – a misfit toy, a social outcast, an insignificant apparition inside a box called classroom.

Maybe I was stereotyped because I wear an overly colossal backpack every Tuesday; or maybe because I have with me a plastic bag of Virginia Foods (for my shoes) on the same day; maybe because I’m thin (but not malnourished) and petite; or maybe because I read books with no explicit sexual narratives and overrated perverted authors; maybe because I’m just being me and that “me” isn’t acceptable to the mainstream bunch of fancy, socializing airheads.

You can call me weird, geek, nerd, or a dork. But I’ll be glad if you will call me Dennis. I’ll be glad, and will consider you an enlightened bully. Yes, that’s a compliment.

I got inside one of the boxes seven minutes late and my professor stared at me like being accused of not waking up early which I know I’m guilty of. However, he was pissed off after realizing that only half the members of the box were present. He later imposed the ten-minutes-and-the-door-will-be-fugging-locked rule. I know the politically correct time is fifteen minutes, and he was making his own rules, and it’s not right to prevent those unlucky late souls from coming in, but I just let him be. I cannot judge him basing only on this circumstance because I know I’ll be pissed off too if he will dub me as a juvenile delinquent for coming in seven minutes late just for one day.

After a tiring ninety-minute tirade in Sociology, I hurriedly went upstairs for Filipino 2. I encouraged myself to speak the language with the Manila accent. I know it’s fancy and chic. But it is more convenient for me to speak, and smooth for them to hear. I encouraged my classmates, too. I want them to eradicate the hard accent of speaking Filipino because it is way too primitive and unconventional. I literally just sat my ass there for another ninety minutes listening to my professor lecturing paglalapi (affixes) and idyomatikong pagpapahayag (idiomatic expressions). I burst out laughing when this classmate of mine answered rather philosophically to one of the idioms:

Teacher: Ano’ng ibig sabihin ng “mabigat ang katawan”?

All: Tamad, miss.

He: Mataba, miss.

I personally hate Tuesdays because I have to be a Kampanerong Kuba with all my P.E. stuff. I don’t have fancy plastic bags (just as what I’ve said earlier that I bring with me a Virginia Foods plastic bag) like CLN, LV, Converse, Tribal, Kashieca, Penshoppe, Bench, and other items way beyond my spending coverage. So it’s either I stuff them all up inside my backpack, or I wear them under my uniform, which, based on many experiences, is not totally comfortable.

ReEd 2 was relieving after I knew that the whole ninety minutes will be spent for group reporting. Though I frantically hoped that our group will be saved by the magic bell, it was still smooth. So my ass went lying again for another ninety minutes with the cold burst of the A/C unit. I was half relaxed and half panicky. I only have thirty minutes to be in Basak Campus for P.E. 2 and my ReEd usually sucks another five to ten minutes after its allotted time. I hurriedly went downstairs when I met one of my P.E. 2 classmates. He requested me to accompany him on Basak, so I nodded. But I didn’t think that part of that deal is that I have to wait another ten minutes while he’s buying a book. I couldn’t have the guts to tell him that I should go because, well, I just could not.

This day was scheduled for our Practical Exam which basically requires that we have to suck all shame to dance in front. I know myself that I could not, or I am trying hard to but it just didn’t seem right. Well, 2.0 isn’t that bad, is it? It was actually beyond my expectation.

I almost forgot that I would like to thank and appreciate all efforts of PACUBAS for thoroughly shining the floors because I almost slipped off this morning – thrice this month. Good job, really.

I wear glasses, too, by the way.