Chapter 7

The screams - they still ring in my ear, as I desperately tried to find a way out of this chaos. I knew he'd hit me any minute now and will not stop until he is satisfied or his anger has faded away. I prayed to God to help me through this. I wished upon a miracle.

I guess that wasn't written in my faith as he slapped me, threatening to murder me. I saw fire raging in his eyes as he came close to me and smacked me again. Blows after blows, slaps after slaps - it all ended when my mother arrived. Hope built up inside of me - that it'd all be over now, but I was wrong again.

At that very moment, I wished upon death, I wished to God to take me away from this hell hole as I cried myself to sleep that night; my fingers were itching to feel the blade against my skin but the promise I made with my friends rang in my head.

...

My heart was pounding inside my chest; I could feel the beat increasing, sweat started to drip down my forehead and my windpipe felt as it was blocked - I couldn't catch my breath nor could I breath properly. Dizziness washed over me and at that moment I felt as if I was going to die. I knew right there, that I was having another panic attack, but this was worse than the last time. I tried calming myself down, but it wasn't helping. Tears welled up in my eyes as black spots invaded my vision. I could hear someone shouting my name from far away, but couldn't reply back as I was super tired and I let sleep engulf me.

...

*beep* *beep* *beep*

"What on earth happened to her?"

"Calm down, will ya?"

"Answer my question!"

"She had a panic attack"

"Oh"

I was glad that my breathing slowed down, but I was totally drained and exhausted. These attacks started to occur every couple of weeks, and I thought I was losing my mind. I tried to open my eyes but they wouldn't budge.

"When did this start?"

"It's been years now. I told her to go for a checkup, but she didn't listen and said that she's okay"

"You should've dragged her. You and I both know how stubborn she is!"

"I know Nick, but look now she is fine and will get proper medical treatment"

"God, I wish I was here with her along time ago!"

"You care a lot about her don't you?"

"I do"

"Even after knowing that your friendship with her is like a delicate flower?"

"Yes"

Nick! Nick is here? How? I thought he was in France.

I tried opening my eyes again, and this time I succeded, the light blinded me for a second but my eyes got used to the surrounding. I looked towards my right and saw Nick and Lina talking, they still didn't notice me.

Wow! Nick's looks had changed a lot since the last time I saw him.

I had to get their attention somehow, as I was thinking of ways to get their attention, Nick glanced at me for a second and looked away. But all of the sudden he looked at me with wide eyes and I couldn't help but smile.

Caroline seemed to notice and came over to me

"How are you feeling now?"

"I feel okay" I said with a raspy voice, my throat felt as if someone had fed me sand.