Chapter 12

I slipped inside the gym locker room just as the bell rang. Last period of the day and I prayed to God it went by fast. I honestly hate P.E class whereas Isla loved it, her being a gym freak herself was excited about todays game - which surprisingly was dodge ball. Us wolves against the Lions which were the boys.

Half of the students already changed but I had no worries. I tossed my bag in my locker and wore my shorts along with a t-shirt.

"Isla!" I called. "Isla come here!"

She took a step over the concrete bench in the middle of our locker section and said, "Yeah, what's up?"

"Umm, could you come up with a good excuse for me?"

"For what?"

"I don't want to play dodge ball, especially when Xavier is against us!"

"Aww is my little princess sad that her lover will get hurt cause i'mma kick his sorry ass in this dodge ball game. You and I both know who is a better player at this."

"Yea. Well that's one of the reasons I don't want to play, you will practically embarrass me in front of him plus I am not even good at it he will think i'm a wimp or something."

"Chill mate, just tell Mrs. Maddison that you're having a terrible stomach ache and can't play"

"Hmm. Good idea. Let's go!"

Isla disappeared in the crowd and I slipped on my shoes while squeezing through the crowd. I stepped into the line just as my teacher was pulling up to my stop and with one glare I knew she was in a terrible mood and there was no way she was going to excuse me from this game. Ugh, great. She gave a dramatic check next to my name, her eyes never leaving mine. Did I do something wrong? Why is she looking at me like I killed her cat or something? I raised both my eyebrows in response and turned around, making my way to the corner and sitting down.

"Alright class," my teacher called out, "we're having a little competition between the Lions and the Wolves"

"What kind of competition?" A girl asked

I couldn't help but roll my eyes, everyone knew what we were playing. Why is this idiot behaving as she has no clue? Talk about being a bit dramatic.

A sly smile spread across her face as she announced, "Ed Dodge ball!"

Everyone's eyes went wide except from Isla's she looked at Xavier and smirked.

"Yo Anderson!" she screamed. He looked from his group and looked at her, confused. Isla just smiled and said, "I'm going to kick your ass in this game."

He smirked back and nodded. "Bring it on, shorty!"

Isla grinned. I'm glad the teacher ignored me and didn't call me to come and play. I guess she was too annoyed to even care.

Xavier was the tallest from his group and I could easily pick him out easily, which meant he was an easy target for Isla. He was leaning against the wall, a smile spread across his face. His grey eyes locked with mine and we stared until the whistle blew loudly causing both of us to break our eye connection.

"Alright!" She said. "Let's have a good old fashioned game of dodge ball."

Her overly obnoxious voice soon drifted away as my focus was now on Xavier and Isla. Isla eyed him carefully while walking back to her line, readying herself. I could feel Xavier looking at me but I turned my attention somewhere else waiting for the whistle to blow and the game to start. She blew it loudly, signaling us to break from the solitude of the blue line. Isla took off and grabbed a red ball and backed herself, waiting for the perfect time to strike till then she easily dodged all the balls coming her way and kept striking other contestants coming her way. I could already tell that Isla's mind was directly on one target. Xavier.