Chapter 10

Please remind me again as to why I agreed to all this. We've literally been walking for hours. Stupid snow just had to ruin everything, not that I hate snow - I love it. We can't drive to our cottage since the road was covered in snow and Xavier here decided we should walk. At first I was actually excited to feel snow and just walk through, but now I regret every step I take.

I looked back and saw Isla was feeling the same and was giving the 'murderous look' behind Xavier's back. Sadly Lina couldn't come due to her art work.

"How much longer?" I whined

Xavier looked at me and shook his head and smiled. "It's not that far, we're almost there"

I stopped in my tracks and glared at him. "You said that like 20 times and we're still not there"

I was ready to collapse. My legs started to feel like jello.

"You're so out of shape."

My head snapped towards him. "Shut up!"

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Well we can fix that! I like to go for a walk every other day, so you can join me here!"

I stared him like he was crazy. "You're nuts to  even think I'd agree to this"

His expression fell the tiniest bit. "Oh. Well we're 5 minutes away from our cottage, as we reach there you can have fun with Isla. I'll be out."

I grabbed his arm. "Are you leaving?"

He kissed my forehead. "For a while i'll be gone till then I want you to get comfortable and rest. When I come back i'll take you two out and show you places that I love and know you two will too"

I smiled and nodded

I looked back and saw Isla. "Why are you so quite?"

"Meh. I guess I was enjoying you two bickering"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Get used to it. This will keep on happening till this trip is over."

Isla snorted. "More entertainment for me"

I shook my head. "Not funny"

"It is for me" she said looking amused

I just rolled my eyes and ignored her.

...

We reached the cottage and oh my lord, this place was beautiful. The whole place was surrounded by snow and there was a lake behind it. The cottage from inside was way better. Wooden floors, leather sofas, everything was just well decorated. I was literally in awe when I saw my room and by the look on Isla's face I could tell she felt the same.

"Gee Ella, I never thought Xavier had such a good taste"

I couldn't help but snort cause I thought the same, but now every thought I had about him changed. 

Isla and I dropped our bags near the bed and went out and saw the whole place covered in snow. 

Isla gasped and I looked at her and frowned. "What's wrong?" 

She gaped and stared ahead of her, "look." she said and pointed straight. I followed where she was pointing and saw a frozen lake.

"And you're behaving like this because?" I asked, still utterly confused.

She looked at me and grinned, "frozen lake Ella, you know what that means!" she said out loud. I frowned and looked back at the lack and then back at Isla. "I actually don't." 

Even though deep down I did kinda know about what she was talking about but I was not 100% sure, so I just behaved like I didn't get what she meant.