Chapter 9

(Flashback)

I couldn't help but laugh and run at the same time. My curly hair bounced up and down. I knew stealing my brothers favorite or as he says it his "secret" magazine was a bad idea. I was curious to see what was in it that he loved so much, but things turned out bad and lead to this - him chasing me around the house.

"Ella, get back here!"

"Never!" I yelled back and kept on running, trying to find a place to hide the magazine. Finally I saw a bush and threw the magazine there and stopped in my tracks which made Ethan collide into me and I fell.

He took the chance and sat on my back

"Ethan-can't-breathe"

"I don't care sis, I need it back now"

I looked back at him and grinned, "I don't have it"

"Well I have the whole day free so choose, it's either you hand over my magazine and enjoy your day or become my chair"

"You weigh like a seal, get off me"

"I'm waiting sis, what's your answer"

"You dipshit if you get off me then i'll hand you your stupid magazine"

"Just tell me where you threw it, I'll get it myself"

"It's in the bushes"

Ethan ruffled up my hair and got off me and went to get his magazine. As soon as he found it he smiled and left.

I huffed and got up.

....

I smiled as memories flashed through me.

"What are you smiling at?"

I looked at Ethan and ruffled up his hair

"Do you remember the day I ran out with your magazine and you chased me around"

Ethan chuckled and nodded his head

"Of course I do"

"Those were the days" I said and laid down on Ethan's bed

Ethan looked at me and smiled. He looked forward and just stared at the wall, this is weird.

"Eth?"

"Hmm?"

"What's wrong?" I said and got up

He looked at me, "nothing, why?"

I slowly nodded, not fully agreeing with him

"Something is-"

"Are you still scared?"

"What do you mean?"

He grabbed my hand and looked at me, "I know I shouldn't ask you this or bring this up, but are you still scared after that day? Do you still feel insecure about yourself? I know this sounds insane coming out of my mouth but as a brother and your best friend I know when something is bothering you and behind that smile I know you're worried. Don't hide anything from me Ro, not today or any other day."

"I don't know what you're talking about" I said and was about to leave, but was pulled back by Ethan

"Don't run away from this"

"I'm not. I'm just trying to forget everything"

"Yet it haunts you till this day! You're not going to forget it unless or until you let it all out"