Chapter 8

Chapter 8

     Kent and I met at the gym’s doors as we said. He didn’t lead me to the cafeteria instead to the school’s lawn where there were only few people having their lunch. He chose a big, shady tree for us to sit. Inside my head, I was wondering what he was about to tell me. I also kind of hope he would tell me what really happened awhile ago that all I saw wasn’t my mind playing tricks on me. Suddenly, I felt his hand touch mine on the ground. I looked at him.

    “What are you going to tell me?” I decided to start the conversation to avoid the awkwardness between us.

     He hesitated first, but I gave him an assuring look telling him, “I can handle it.” That’s when he gave in and smiled. Still, he didn’t remove his hand from mine.

    “That tattoo of yours,” he began. “I have one too but it’s just that it’s up here.” He took off his jacket, and I realized that he was wearing a short fitted t-shirt that makes his muscles prominent than ever. He rolled up the sleeves of his shirt revealing a tattoo similar to mine only it has been done into his deltoid region.

     “H-how?” I asked him.

     “It just indicates that we’re a pair. You are mine, and I’m yours,” he smiled when he said that. Then he rolled down his sleeves and wore his jacket back again.

    “Like a marriage ring?” I raised my left eyebrow and smiled. “I still sense you’re going to tell me more. Go on! I can handle it.”  I lay down on the grass with my elbows supporting the hands on my face. His hand was back to him because of my posture right now.

    With his beautiful voice, he continued, “That tattoo actually started on the day you saved my grandfather. Since you’ve helped him, he sensed that you have a good aura. He said that’s perfect for mine—”

    “Well I have this feeling that’s been bugging me since awhile ago,” I interrupted him. “Did the tattoo, by any chance, take place when he handed me the scholarship envelope? I felt like there was a current transferred through me.”

    He scratched his head, “We are Guardianas. I am a Guardiana,” he said instead, like ignoring my question but he continued, “A Guardiana is a term only used for males who protect their female masters—which each are called Lady Dominia—from all kinds of dangers,” he looked around and whispered to my ear. “Remember to keep all the things that I’m telling you are as secrets.”

    I nodded like an obedient puppy.

    “We are immortals. We can learn new abilities but only until we reach our twenty years term here. This is my eighteenth year so I can still learn new abilities and powers. We are created with bodies stronger than any other mountains and rocks. For our abilities and powers, the later we are created into this world, the powerful our powers are but except for the Guardiana Overlords.

     “In the Guardiana history, it’s said that the first Guardiana was created by some kind of scientist accidentally by his experiments in creating the most powerful being in the world but instead ended up with a Guardiana. The Overlords haven’t told us who he was. They wanted to keep it as a secret to themselves. Even my grandfather won’t tell me.”

    “Your grandfather, I mean Mr. Gates, is an Overlord?” I asked.

    He nodded. “There are five of them the old man says. He admitted to me one time that they were taught by the scientist on how to reproduce their kinds. I was very amaze because they were smart. They decided to limit the powers of Guardianas so they can’t reproduce. Therefore, only they can reproduce. My grandfather’s job is to assign partners to a Guardiana to his Lady Dominia. Like he did to me and you. It’s possible that he used the envelope as a tool to transfer the seal to you. There are many ways to transfer seals to Lady Dominias,” He stopped, maybe because to let me absorb the entire thing. I guess my expression had sold me out. In the back of my mind, I was asking myself why did this have to happen to me not to anyone else? Why am I so unlucky to be experiencing these? But in spite of all these, I was glad Kent is with me right now. I’m just so curious about the crazy scientist who has to make a stupid experiment.