// EPILOGUE // A new beginning

I pulled the door of the ramen bar and got in out of pure curiosity.
A peculiar object made of pieces of glass hanging on the panel of the door emitted a sweet tingling sound which welcomed me.

The place was new but familiar to me at the same time. Its light paper garments on the wall, the low tables with pale yellow cloths and the dark red cushions, everything looked so familiar.

I sat to one of the table and then looked around. I thought it must be the same table of four years before. I imagined Noya sitting beside me with his grin, sweaty hair because of practice and a bit of noodle hanging from his lower lip. Then Tanaka would bring us the menu.

"Here's the menu" the waiter who was not Tanaka spoke.
"Thanks" I replied forcing myself to crack a little smile.

Actually, I didn't feel like eating at all, but it was lunch time and it looked like I was in the right place at the right time, just by chance. So I decided to take a white shio tonkotsu and enjoy it on my own. It was the same I ate when I had my ankle hurt and he took me there, in that same place.

When I finished having lunch, I went to pay for it. As I stood next to the counter and searched for the money in my wallet, I heard a familiar voice say: "Get lost, it's my treat".
I thought I was imagining it, but I had to make up my mind as soon as I saw the waiter moving from behind the counter.

As I turned to see what the heck was going on, I saw him.
He was a bit shorter than me and he was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt with 'Ramen Deity' printed on its front.

As soon as I saw him, my eyes grew wide and my wallet fell on the floor. I was unable to speak a word.
"I'll help you out" he said with a smile, looking at me with those bright, hazel eyes I knew so well.
"Oh, and don't worry about the ramen. It's on the house" he added "I'm the owner of this place, you know. I bought it and... I've been waiting for you. All this time". The same grin was on his face, even after years. It was just like meeting each other for the first time. Our eyes, sparkling with tears, finally met again.

We're smiling but we're close to tears
Even after all these years
We just now got the feeling
That we're meeting for the first time

THE END (REALLY).

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hey, looks like we're at the end of this story..! 😄

Was it long? Was it boring?
Whatever. Long and boring or not, it was like a journey.
Every story is a journey with a beginning and an end, so don't be sad because there's plenty of stories to write, plenty of journeys to do and plenty of places to visit.
Just enjoy life 😉

I like writing stories because of this. And yeah, because I'm always putting a piece of myself into each chapter - just like an Horcrux lmao - but the fun part for me is that very few of you people knows which part it is.

As you can see, I'm very thoughtful and melancholic in this last period...
WAIT WAIT WAIT I'M ACTUALLY STRESSED, MY HAIR IS STANDING STRAIGHT ON MY HEAD, I'M ON THE VERGE OF TEARS AND DESPERATELY CRAVING FOR CAFFEINE...

I'M SCREEEWED! EXAMS ARE HERE!

Uhm. I think I'll just... Deal with this huge problem and then finish writing all the short stories I've been requested - actually there's just 4 or 5 left. After that, I'll be working on my next Haikyuu x Reader, which will be Kuroo or Hinata. I still don't know who will come first... 🤔🤔🤔

In the meantime, don't forget me and have a look at my one shots here:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/71440123-haikyuu-x-reader-one-shots-book-one-let-me-wander

and here:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/92855747-haikyuu-x-reader-one-shots-book-two-komorebi

See you soon and love you all as always.
Bye for now,

Shiri-Chan96💟

P.s.: sorry for writing too much 😅
There's also a quote from the Script's song "For the first time", I hope you like it..!

UPDATE: PLEASE READ MY NEW STORY -> https://www.wattpad.com/story/110115455-editing-mad-medley-~-a-story-of-mistakes-kuroo-x

Comments and votes are much appreciated!