Chapter 19 The Puzzle He Couldn't Unlock

[|||]

(Y/n)'s POV

Finally, all it's over. I'm so thankful for Jyugo, Nico, Uno, and Rock, as well as the warden, they all saved me from my father's evil intentions. My father is in building 5, in the cells in the basement. I'm glad he's not in building 13, because I don't want to see him. He's supposed to remove Jyugo's shackles, so that's good. For me though, since whatever my father injected me with was injected when I was younger it's too late for me to get it removed. It's not really a problem to me.

Everything is back to regular, Nico's watching anime, Rock's eating, Uno is playing with his hair, and Jyugo is always escaping from the cell with me occasionally joining him.

"Are you excited to get your shackles off?" I asked Jyugo.

"Yeah, I can't wait to have the feeling of freedom again." He replied.

"Number 15, its time for you to go over to building 5 to get your shackles removed." Seitaro announced.

"Can I come with him Seitaro, please?" I have him the puppy dogs eyes.

"Alright Area 51, but don't try anything!"

"(Y/n), are you sure you want to come? You'll see your father again." Jyugo asked me.

"As long as I'm with you, I'm not scared." I stated, clinging on to his arm.

Seitaro laughed," Let's go."

We made our way to building 5, and we were escorted down to its basement. I held on tighter to my boyfriend's arm because basements always have an ominous presence that scares me.

We reached the cell my father was being contained in, and to our surprise he was gone. The alarm sounded that Nanba prison's newest prisoner has escaped. A note was left in the cell my father resided in which read:

There's no way for the shackles to be removed specimen number 1315, and to my daughter (y/n) we will be reunited as a family one day.

"My family only consists of myself, my mother, my grandparents, Jyugo, and our future children, not you." I scoffed.

"Y-you consider me family?" Jyugo looked shocked.

"Not officially, but once we get married we can start a family of our own."

"Married?"

"What, you don't want to?" I felt a little sad.

"I do, it's just when?"

"Once we get out of here."

"Alright."

"I'm sorry you weren't able to get your shackles off."

"Why are you apologizing it's not your fault, and he's not your father," Jyugo reminded me

"Haha, yeah."

"So (y/n), are you going to tell me the secret that unlocked your heart?"

"You really want to know?"

"Haha, of course why else would I be asking?"

"Well, I guess it was after you said you'd come with me to Area 51 when you said you wanted to protect me. When I confessed to you before that, I believe I just liked you because of your looks and I was willing to accept you for who you because all I cared about was how you looked. I'm actually glad you rejected me then, because it made me realize that I was too desperate for love—" I was cut off by a frantic Seitaro.

"We have to leave now!" Seitaro declared.

"Come on Seitaro you ruined the moment," I sighed. "What's...so...important—never mind, let's get out of here!" I exclaimed as a saw a fleet of puppets chasing us.

We managed to escape, and get back to building 13 in one piece. I was scolded by Hajime for leaving with Jyugo, and Seitaro was told to be more assertive.

"You still have your shackles on?" Uno questioned Jyugo.

"Yeah, the man with the scar escaped the prison, and left a note saying there's no way for me to get them removed, but it's alright." Jyugo responded.

"Wait, Jyugo I got an idea!" I said.

"What is it?"

I transformed, my eyes turned red and my hands into swords. I raised my hands, and swung my sword at the shackles that bind Jyugo, and to everyone's surprise, they broke!

"It actually worked! I guess because the shackles and my swords are made out of the same material." I exclaimed.

Jyugo ran up to me and embraced me with tears of joy in his eyes,"Thank you (y/n)."

[|||]

To be continued in chapter 20

I hope you liked this chapter! Make sure to vote, comment, and read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket! I am the author of Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Also, check out TheRealKoroSensei works, you won't regret it!

Written May 13th,2017
Published May 26th,2017
Next Update May 29th, 2017