Chapter 2: First Date

Seth walked out in just his towel, grabbed his trunk of clothes from his car and walked back in as though he had done  nothing wrong. His case contained some emergency supplies: clean jeans, clean black cotton tee, socks. Toothbrush with toothpast and a small medical kit. 

He dressed hoping his plain day clothes would be enough. Claire had kicked him out of the bedroom after he told her they'de be going to dinner first. He told her they would go to a nice place, then go see a movie. And then the rest of the night was unplanned. He sat on her couch. Waiting for what seemed like eternity when he heard the door open.

Claire had been digging through her closet for something nice, something worthy of a fancy dinner and movie. Her regular dresses wouldnt do. Her favorite skirt and blouse had been ruined yesterday, which already felt like a distant memory. She finally found what she was looking for, a soft, cotton and fleece full body dress that had a peice cut out along the left shoulder in an intricate design of lace work. It had one of those big bushy turtle neck collars, she had recieved it as a gift from her cousin on her nintenth birthday. She put on a light brown bra that latched in front, and a simple pare of brown panties before slipped the dress on. She balled her hair up, pulling two large strands from the ball to frame the side of her face. She closed the bun with japanese hair sticks. she looked at herself pleased. She put on a faint pink lip gloss, and decided she looked decent enough for her man. Except for the large bulge of the boot she had on. She grabbed a white heel and slipped it on her good foot, the height of the heel balancing her out. She opened the door hoping he'd like what he saw. As she entered the living room he turned to look at her.

He felt his mouth fall open as he stared. He knew he was gawking but he couldnt help it. She was a vision from a dream. Skin golden and smooth, dressed like a god and glowing like one to boot. He looked at himself and felt bad. Compared to her he was completely under dressed. The only thing to suit her look would be a tuxedo of the highest quality. Which he didnt own. She looked at the ground shyly.

He had already discovered her self confidence was low, but it just made her all the more adorable.

He took the chance to speak.

"claire, you look... Amazing. Absolutely beautiful."

His words couldnt describe her.

She looked up, red in the face.

Never before had a woman caused him to feel so much like a young school boy with his first date.

The drive to the diner was quiet. As to be expected though. As they pulled into the lot of "alfredo's" a local high end italian restruant. He got out, helped her inside and soon the two were sitting, laughing and chatting over diner, both in their own minds believing the other to be the art of perfection. Every flaw or chip in the other causing them only to grow in bond. As the night trudged on they sipped wine, spent the time together in the solitude of their own minds.

After diner they rushed to the movies. Seth had picked the resturaunt so he had made claire pick the movie. She had picked some chik flic with a growing reputation to be just another cheesy romance, The girl in the movie had always been the maid who one day would become the princess to be whisked away, and the man had always been the prince, waiting to find the maid. A cliche story of boy meets girl and they forget the world played out before their eyes.

To both their dismay they quickly realized that the story had turned into a tragic mid swing. As the princess was kidnapped by the evil brother the prince was shot through the heart with an arrow. As he fought on, his beloved "sophia" jumped from the walls they held her in, already believing her prince had betrayed her. The prince died cold and alone in the forrest.

By the ending credits claire was snuggled up to his chest. Crying slightly at the ending. Seth quickly wiped his eye, he'd teared up a bit to. He squeezed her frail hand and she looked up, blurry eyed and smiling.

Claire sat motionless on the drive back to her house. Her mind racing, she wanted to see him again. Wanted to be with him. She wanted only to be held in his arms as they laid together. She knew he was driving but tapped furiously on her phone, holding it up for him.

"i think you deleted the message."

He gave her an awry grin watching her from the corner of his eyes.

She looked at her phone and indeed she had, she must have hit the end button and cancelled the writing. Before she had finished re-typing her message he broke the silence. His tone solid yet waivered a bit with concern.

"claire. I have an odd request for you." he stared straight ahead, eyes on the night road.

She tilted her head slightly and nodded.

"aha, would it be ok if i maybe... Well i dont really mean to, but."

She tapped.

(stay the night again.)

The ball in his throat plunged and came back up.

"yea, that."

She took his hand in hers. His large hand dwarfed hers by comparison.

She gave it a gentle squeeze,

Her beaming smile was all he needed to see for an answer and she felt him relax, sinking down abit in his seat.