The Academy~PartIII

I walked underneath the intertwined branches, the early sunrays kissing my skin with blooming warmth. A previous notification had appeared on my scroll, informing that all new students were called for an urgent magic and elemental class held outdoors.

Guided by my magical map, I walked, wandering from garden to garden, looking for marquee number thirteen.

As I discovered my way, I passed by several classes, all held under the clear, spring sky. And it was comical, watching how some of the professors would fascinatingly talk about the subject at hand, only for their words to reach the deaf ears of the still-sleepy students. And when boredom was nowhere near, the chants and cries of the arsenal fighting classes filled the air with energy.

The light on my scroll vanished, and I lifted my eyes, eyeing the sets of marquees before I noted mine.

Few students were already there, some of whom I recognized Jeremiah and another girl I had already met. If my memory was true, she was called Zoë, one of the first people Mayra introduced me to.

And as I joined, I saw the questioning looks on the students' faces. It didn't take me long to understand what was wrong. Instead of Miss Aria, two professors stood. On the left, Professor Saimen was dressed in his typical black and gold cloak, while a complete stranger stood next to him.

And it was when we were fully gathered that Ramos appeared out of thin air, taking place next to the professors. Saying no words, he left the entire speech to Saimen.

''As a necessity of education, several changes will take place. Aria Fairlon is not your only teacher as each elemental requests a fully devoted tutor to it. With me, Professor Asami Nerath is one of the many teachers you will get to meet soon. Blessed with the spirit elemental, he will help today unveiling the magic you hold inside you. Does the court leader wish to lay words?''

''Let your actions speak instead of your words.''

''Then, shall we start?'' said Asami, flickering his hand. From the movement, five rostrums appeared between us and the teachers, an empty place in the midst.

"When I call his name, each student shall come to the circle.'' And as Asami started with Jeremiah, we all watched with curious eyes.

Reaching for a knife from his pocket, he sliced through the student's right palm. Blood poured from the wound, but instead of falling, it floated in the air. With another wave of his hand, the blood twirled until it moved by itself, running to two different rostrums. The two that held a floating ball of water and a blade of air.

''Jeremiah, son of Areles and Rimel. Saimen shall assist with your wound.''

And one by one, we were called, a round of applause emerging each time results showed off. And as the class was close to its end, I feared that I might not get my turn.

''As of now,'' informed Professor Tornweather, ''your schedule will change. Each will attend a class related to his elemental, while normal magic will be common, depending on the amount of periods you have.

"All needed information will appear on your scrolls and in the great hall, keep an eye on everything. As for now, take your leave.''

I was confused as I did not receive my turn, but I moved not. Not as I saw Ramos ushering for me to come close.

''I still do not understand why you wished for the presence of this youth, court leader.''

''If what I believe is true, you will understand soon.''

And like a lost child, I stared at both Ramos and Saimen talking, my mind stopping short.

''Do your work, Asami.'' With nothing more, Professor Nerath came close and cut the flesh of my palm.