Chapter 1: Away

Hiccups P.O.V.  

It was an early morning when I prepared for our flight to Dragon Island to camp for a week. All I need is just to bring my shield, it has both offense and defense so I need it very well. Also some spare fish & few bottles of water if we get hungry along the way.

"Well, this is going to be a long trip there Bud" I explained on Toothless.

"Hiccup! Take care." Astrid says then punching me in the shoulder.

"Yeah! Good luck bro!" I gave Snotlout a fist-bump

"Well, off we go now! See you guys." I mounted on Toothless' back and arranged myself to the saddle, together with my metal leg positioned to its place to control his tail. 

Toothless' wings spread wide and we took off to the skies flew to our destination, Dragon Island.

"Bye Hiccup!" Astrid shouted waving along with the team.

Not much had happened since we got here. Just a few wild dragons that got in the way and a few more when we landed. It was just a few hours when we reached the island and it wasn't much of a problem to find a good place for the camp.

I found a cave that was good enough for the two of us and looked sturdy with the rock-hard walls that surrounded it. Also, it has a proper entrance doorway that allows only the right amount of light.

"What you say we go fishing bud?" Hiccup asks Toothless while exploring on the island. 

I'm the hungry type of a person now, and if worse, I could eat a whole village. Kidding. I won't even try. 

As so when they reached the shores just in a nearby rock formation, a Wild Deadly Nadder & Hideous Zippleback were fighting and we seem to have barged in it, very wrong timing. I thought. 

"Plasma Blast bud!" Toothless responded immediately and the shot scared the dragons off of the location that we found for fishing.

"It should give them a lesson not to mess with us anymore" I said.

While we are fishing for their diner, Toothless starts a fire to grill the fish. He even tried to fish for himself and he look cute every time he uses his mouth to catch Halibuts. I caught a few perches and salmons with a little struggle but nonetheless, it was all worth it for a tasty dinner. I don't even know where our spare fish had went!

Right after our diner, I fixed my sleeping bag on the cave and continued reading the Book of Dragons. I had it with me so in case I need to update anything new or if ever that I find something new! I have many researches to do while I'm in this place and there's a whole lot of ground to cover!

"Red Death - A king of all living dragons, living in Dragon Cave in the center of Dragon Island." Hiccup writes "Deadly Nadder as hottest fire breather." I wrote like 20 or more dragons and until I have slept with the Book of Dragons acting as my head pillow.

I tried to open my eyes and I saw Toothless make a ring of fire that kept us warm, his wing was also covering me warm like he had a warm blanket so warm and comfortable here. Even inside this cave and the fire, I can still feel the coldness of the outside wind.

Few weeks had already passed and I was able to get more information about the dragons that inhabited this place although I didn't find any new species at all, it was still worth it to add more knowledge gained into the Book of Dragons!

"I'm bored here bud!" Hiccup exclaims. 

I am seriously bored in this island. We had already circled and back many times to look for more dragon species but we still ended up finding the same ones that we have on Berk.

"Grrgghh" Toothless growled.

I may seem to have understood what he said. In an instant, I picked up my satchels and the large bag that I have that has my items in it that I brought here and from here.

"Okay then, let's go!" I mounted his back and we took off again, back to the skies.

The travel back to Berk isn't that much long since Toothless' flight speed can increase and I learned that already. He's able to be the fastest dragon that there is so I think it won't be a problem. We'll be there in a jiffy.