0.26

November 16th, 2016

"Hi, I'm here to see Stamkos," Kelsey told the nurse at the front desk, frantically.

"Kelsey?" She nodded, "Okay, yeah they told me you were coming, down the hall and third door on your left." Kelsey thanked the lady before jogging down the hall to Stevens door.

The door was slightly opened, so Kelsey pushed it open lightly, to make sure she had the right room. She smiled slightly once she opened the door and fully walked in. Steven was awake and was smiling sleepily as a few of the boys were making small talk.

Their eyes all trailed over to the door where Kelsey stood, her bags in hand. Once they all saw her, genuine smiles made there way to their faces as they all stood up and formed a line to hug Kelsey.

Kelsey gave all of them big hugs, as she knew them all fairly well. Tyler, Jonathan, and Brayden were all there, a long side Victor Hedman, Braydon Coburn and Nikita Kucherov.

The young brown haired girl then proceeded to Stevens bed where she knelt down to engulf him in a hug. The way he held onto her for dear life, told Kelsey that although he had a smile on his face, he was in pain.

"So boys," Kelsey tried to change the mood," How is everyone? Have you heard from the doctors?"

Kelsey's attempt failed as the tension in the room increased. Tyler cleared his throat uncomfortably. "Uh well he's going into surgery tomorrow to fix a lateral tear in his right meniscus. He's out for at least four to six months." The room was dead silent as Tyler spoke, Kelsey was sure you could hear a pin drop.

"Oh uh, I-" Kelsey didn't know what to say, she didn't know if anything would soften the blow; it was big news thats definitely heartbreaking for not only Lightning fans, but for everyone. "But I- uh, I well I am sorry." She whispered, at a lost for words. Kelsey walked over to Stevens bed and sat in the chair beside it. She grabbed his hand, which he was happy about. His grip on her hand tightened and he let out a shaky breath.

The room was silent for what seemed like a lifetime but was barely three minutes. Kelsey decided it was time to try and lighten the mood, yet again. "Well I'm only here until the nineteenth so you better make the best of it. Whats new? Hows the life of NHL players?"

Everyones shoulders relaxed s the tension eased. The guys seemed to calm down and finally come to terms with everything. "Yeah yeah we'll get to that, but first... whos house are you staying at?" Tyler asked excitedly.

"Mine, its the biggest." Nikita smirked, earning a laugh from everyone.

"Actually, she's staying with me." Brayden announced proudly.

Tyler snorted, "Yeah right, like she'd wanna stay with you."

Kelsey decided to jump in, "Actually I am, I'm staying with Pointer and Jon's staying to, I think."

Jonathan and Brayden both nodded happily, clearing content that Kelsey decided to stay with them. "Oh! Sleep over!" Braydon yelled, Points eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

"I uh, I do-" He started.

"Yusssss!" Nikita cut in, earning cheers of excitement from Tyler.

"Oh yeah! And then I can kick all your dumb asses in C.O.D!" Jonathan exclaimed.

Kelsey stood off to the side, beside Brayden who still looked like a scared little girl at the thought of having the guys sleep over at his house. Kelsey stood with her eyebrows quirked, she was really doubting the boys' ages.

"Oh boy," She muttered.

Brayden turned to look at Kelsey, his eyes still widened, "Oh boy, is right."

____

I hope you enjoyed this !!

Also lets just pretend the lightning werent playing the red wings cause that
screws this story up lolll

comment

vote

i love you

!!