0.28

November 18th, 2016

Kelsey took a deep breath as she stood in front of the door to Dylan's apartment. She stood still for a few minutes, debating whether or not she actually wanted to go in and confront him. She loved him so much, however if he did cheat, she wouldn't be able to forgive him.

Taking a deep breath, Kelsey went to walk in, however stopped when the door was locked. She knocked on the door a few times, tapping her foot impatiently on the ground as she waited.

The door opened, to reveal a shirtless, tired Dylan. Kelsey furrowed her eyebrows together, until she glanced down at her phone and saw the time; It was 11:30.

Kelsey realized she forgot to text Dylan that she was coming. So many emotions were running through her, she completely forgot. Although, she almost preferred it this way. Her entrance was that much more dramatic.

"Kels? Babe! What are you doing here?" Dylan looked awake and alert now. He pulled his girlfriend into a huge hug and lifted her up before closing the door and making his way deeper into his apartment.

Kelsey's bags were at the door as Dylan swung her over his shoulder, starting to make his way to his room. It took everything Kelsey had not to give in and let him take her to his room where they could cuddle and fall asleep in each others arms for the first time in a couple months.

"Dyl, put me down." He reluctantly obeyed, Kelsey took a deep breath, brushing her hair out of her face.

"Babe? Whats up? Is everything okay?" Dylan was concerned, he started at his girlfriends face which showed pain.

"Uh, um have you seen the article?" Kelsey pulled out her phone, pulling up the article, just in case he hadn't.

"What? No, what are you talking about?" He stepped forward, reaching out to take Kelsey's hand, however she pulled away uncomfortably, staring at the ground.

Dylan's expression went from a confused one to a hurt one. All Kelsey did was shove her phone at him so he could read the article.

On the plane ride to Detroit, Kelsey had planned on telling Dylan about the article first, then maybe showing him it. However, now she couldn't talk, she could barely maintain eye contact.

Dylan's eyes scanned the article, reading it intensely. As he got further into the article, his expression turned cold, Kelsey had never seen that side of him. Whenever she was around him, he always had a light in his eyes and a dorky grin on his face.

He sighed once he finished reading, handing Kelsey her phone back, immediately running his hands through his hair and rubbing his eyes.

They were silent for a few minutes, Dylan was processing what he was gonna say and Kelsey was waiting for how he was going to defend himself.

"So are you going to explain or...?" She asked Dylan, she didn't know how she wanted it to come out, but it came out a lot colder than she wanted it to.

"I uh, well I'm not going to deny it because its true, however it doesn't end the way you're probably thinking it does."He took a deep breath, "After the game, we talked and you said you weren't coming and everything, which although I was upset, I understood. The boys were going out, I protested at first, but they said I should come celebrate and try to get you off my mind for a little bit, because apparently I looked like a lost puppy. So we went to the club and Mantha got me nice and drunk. And I don't mean tipsy, I mean drunk. Before I know it, i'm dancing and then leaving with this girl, that definitely isn't you. It wasn't you. It took me five minutes down the street from the club to figure that out. She tried to kiss me, I remember seeing those sea green eyes coming closer. Thats when I remembered you have beautiful blue eyes. So thats when I left her, I left her right then and there, standing in the streets, waiting for something that wasn't going to happen." Dylan explained the story, before his face softened. "I-I'm sorry Kelsey, I am truly sorry, but please believe me when I say... nothing happened."

Kelsey's face softened too, she believed him, she trusted him and could tell he felt bad and was telling the truth.

It was silent for a few minutes, both of their eyes went from each other to the ground, back to each other. Kelsey could see the silence was eating Dylan inside out.

"Its okay baby, I believe you, I trust you." Dylan was relieved, he let out a big sigh, knowing that he was in the clear, however they both knew the conversation was far from over. "Dyl, baby, I think we should talk..."

Dylan stared his girlfriend in the eyes for a second, letting out a shaky breath, he replied, "Yeah, I think so too baby."

So thats what they did. They talked and talked for along time. Almost saying the same thing over and over again; 'I love you, I really do, but the distance, the distance is so hard and its tearing us apart, its eating me inside out and I don't think I can do it anymore, even though I love you more than I could ever describe.' Dylan and Kelsey both said that over and over, making sure the other knew that they stilled loved them, that they would always love them.

They agreed that it was for the best that they break up, however will try to remain friends, hopefully it wouldn't be too hard.

Tears streamed down both of their faces, as they told each other how much they loved each other. They then stood in silence, just staring at each other, tears streaming down their faces. Kelsey couldn't do it anymore, she couldn't handle the distance, so she closed it. She ran over and jumped into his arms, holding onto Dylan for dear life. his bare chest was nice and warm, however was growing wet as her tears fell onto it.

After probably five minutes of being in each others arms, she pulled away, although they both didn't want to stop. "Dyl-" Kelsey muttered, sniffling. "I'm here and I love you-"

"And I love you," He cut in, making her smile a little.

"So can we be together, just this one last time? I want to fall asleep in your arms, and kiss you like theres no tomorrow... because in a way, there isn't..."

Dylan simply nodded, "Of course baby girl."

With that Dylan picked Kelsey up and went to his room, where they stayed awake for hours, kissing, hugging, cuddling, just being close to each other.

They kept saying that their last kiss was their last kiss, however they couldn't keep their lips apart. It felt so right, his lips on hers, her lips on his. It was perfect, it felt perfect, it felt right.

So they kissed and cuddled and did couple things, because it was their last night, and it felt right.

And tomorrow, although it would still feel right, they both knew it'd be wrong.

____
this is the last actual written chapter for awhile !

the next few will be ig an texting :)

i hope you enjoyed this

comment

vote

i love you

!!