d-four

i found love

🌌🌈🌃

"I am going to die! Give me paper, i'm going to write my farewell message"

koeun is currently whining because there is still no news about his father paying his debt. mark, who is lying beside her laughs at koeun's misfortune.

"dont laugh, you idiot!" she scowls and hits him on his stomach, the guy whines in pain, she sure has hands of steel. "im sure you'll get out of here before friday comes" he tries to comfort but koeun feels the opposite of what he intended. "aren't you supposed to be beating me up because I blabber to much?" she asks out of curiosity.

"nevermind" she continues. mark smiles at koeun, the girl's charm really attacks him and makes him weak and melt. "im sorry" he says, breaking the silence. "why?" she turn her head to look at him, he looks back at koeun, "because I wasn't able to get my phone". koeun smiles, it was a small smile but a sincere one. "its fine" she reassures. she turns around and mentally questions herself, How can I act fine when im actually not?

She feels like weight had been lifted off from the other side of her bed, she turns around and sees mark standing in front of her. "what do you want to do today?" he asks, "i dont know, cry maybe" her answer made mark's heart break so he throws himself on her bed and pretends to cry.

"let's cry together" he stops for a while and continues, koeun finds herself smiling at the gag mark is showing her right now, as soon as he spots koeun smiling he stops with the act and complains, "i thought you wanted to cry?!". koeun then stops from smiling and sighs again, its probably the millionth time she sighed today.

"mark lee" she says, "what?" he answers. koeun looks at him and he looks at her as well, they stare at each other for a good 10 minutes until mark blinks. "ha! i won!" koeun dances while lying down on her lumpy bed. albeit he was defeated, mark felt happy that koeun is now smiling.

mark sometimes is amazed by koeun's braveness and boldness. when he sees her sassiness he just melts and want to see it again like that one funny viral video that never gets old.

but he shrugs those feelings off because he knew that she isn't going to last 10 more days, and its all because of him.

he even wished for something impossible on his birthday: please reset my life and turn me into a normal high school student.

"are you even listening to me?" koeun snaps her fingers in front of mark's face, he quickly wakes up from his thoughts and turns to koeun. "pardon?" koeun sighs. "forget it, im going to die anyways" she says and lies on her stomach with her face buried into a pillow.

"dont say that" mark complains, it makes him feel uneasy. "you'll be able to escape from here im sure" he states again with both fists lifted up high. "yeah whatever" she says with a muffled voice.

again, a lightbulb forms above marl's head. he runs to his room and grabs his camera and returns, koeun is now sitting up with very messy hair.

"you might want to fix yourself first" mark says as he turns on his camera, the lady follows and styles her hair. "say hello, koeun" the boy behind the camera smiles as he waves at koeun, the girl does the same but with a confused face. "what exactly is this for?" she asks, mark smiles and says, "im going to send this to your father" a laugh follows.

if koeun had to describe what mark looks like right now she would describe it as a seal laughing while flapping its flappers (LMAO WHAT DO U CALL THOSE).

"you look ridiculous" koeun snorts and falls back to her bed, "that isn't going to work" a sigh was heard. mark felt disappointed, he wanted to ask the skies what the hell is her father doing??

he lies down beside her, the silence take over them but it was comfortable. he looks at her but it surprises him because she was looking at him too, koeun hides her face and mark giggles at the girl.

"hey jude" he starts to sing, his voice making koeun's ears turn red. "dont make it bad" he continues, albeit koeun isn't looking he knows she's smiling, and he's right, she is smiling. "take a sad song, and make it better" her smile widens as he continues to sing her favorite song.

"thanks" she says as the song comes to an end, "for what?" he asks, turning her body to face koeun, the bed was small so their bodies were literally just next to each other. koeun's face turn a little red, but he doesn't notice it.

"for making my heart flutter before I die"

"w-what?" he looks away, flustered because of what koeun just said. "pardon?" he asks, albeit he was able to hear it perfectly before.

koeun sincerely smiles and says a simpler form of what she had said a while ago.

"thank you for making me fall in love before I die" she pauses, "im in love with you, you fool!" she hits his head with her knuckles and laughs, but mentally she's now beating herself up and cringing at what she said.

mark's face turn bright red, his eyes form crescents and the corners of his lips move up and his heart beats rapidly like its about to get out of his chest. he feels like winning lottery tickets.

"koeun-ah" he says, his voice stern and manly. she hums as a response, her back still facing mark and because of that he turns her around and their eyes meet, their face just inches away from each other. "im not a fool" he says still looking into the girls eyes, her orbs making his heart beat speed up again.

"you ar—" she was cut by mark's lips touching hers, her eyes widen in shock. koeun should be pushing him away, but she doesn't cause she's still contemplating on wether to do it or enjoy the moment?

but isn't this too fast?, they met just days ago and fall in a small amount of time, oh well people cant control their feelings anyway.

he pulls away, his cheeks and ears all red just like hers. out of embarassment they both turn around, backs facing each other. "y-yah! why did you do that?!" koeun stutters as she complains, "i dont know!" he answers in an absolutely high pitch voice.

silence take over them again, "im leaving" he says and gets up from her bed and walks out the door. koeun felt disappointed, she was expecting for a reply but she got nothing, well except for the kiss she's keeping that in her memory.

just as she was about to self-pity because mark just rejected her, the door opens again and mark's head pops out of it, her heart flutters as the words slip out of his mouth.

"im in love with you too, you idiot!"