d-three

run away?

🌌🌈🌃

"oh my gosh, this is funny!"

koeun wakes up from her deep sleep, panting because of the things that happened. there was mark, and hyuck and she was out.

she was out.

"what's up? why are you panting?" mark questions her who was seated at the edge of her bed reading comics. "mark, if ever dad comes or not can you let me die?" she asks. mark frowns at the girl's request, "are you crazy? why would i do that?" he asks now sitting beside her with a worried look.

"just, let me die, please?" she asks, desperate. mark doesn't know what has gotten into his girl's head but he is pretty sure that it's something he should be concerned with. "what's going on, koeun?" he asks as he plays with the girl's slender fingers. "i had a dream, and i'm pretty sure it's going to happen" koeun answers seriously staring straight into his eyes.

"what? i'm sure this day's going to be fine?" he assures. "hmm, okay" koeun nods as she rests her head on mark's shoulder.

koeun laughs as she strangles donghyuck; they we're currently playing a match of wrestling and as stated, donghyuck lee is losing. "tap out!" koeun says aggressively and donghyuck follows. "i can't believe i lost to a girl!" he complains as he stands up from his uncomfortable position. "well you're mother's stronger than you, honey" koeun gives hyuck a thumbs up and mark cheers, "atta girl!".

the door to koeun's room bursts open exposing a buff and tall man, "bring out the girl, he's dad's here". mark and koeun's eyes widen, her dad is her and it's a chance for her to get out. it's a chance for her to stop her death.

"tie her up!" the man says. mark and donghyuck gets into action and proceeds to take koeun downstairs to their boss' office.

the room was filled with silence as mark's father counts the money koeun's dad has brought. koeun feels the rope tied around her wrist loosen, "mark, what are you doing?" she asks in a whisper to him, "i'm loosening it so you can escape if something bad happens" he whispers back.

mark's dad pulls out his gun and points it at her dad, "this isn't enough!". bang, h pulls the trigger and in one second koeun's dad who was standing, was now lying on the ground drowning in his own blood.

"no!" she screams, tears uncontrollably flowing out of her eyes. "kill her!" his dad commands.

they forcibly took koeun upstairs, her wrists still tied. "mark, kill her" taeyong, their leader, commands to mark who had his eyes open wide. "what the hell, hyung you know i can't do that!" he complains pushing the gun away from him.

"just do it!" taeyong shouts and throws the gun to mark, "what hyung?!" he complains for the second time, "do it!" were taeyong's last words before he left the room closing the door with a loud thud.

mark looks at koeun with eyes of pity, "just, kill me" she says.

mark's head was now a blank. to kill her or not? which of the two? he doesn't know.

"mark! listen to me! life's going to be miserable so just kill me!" koeun pleads tears still flowing from her eyes. mark look at her blankly, then at the gun, then at her. he doesn't know.

if she kills her, what'll happen? he doesn't know. but if he kills himself, will they be all happy? he doesn't know.

"fuck it!" he raises his arm holding the gun and pulls the trigger. koeun and mark expected a loud bang, but nothing happened. "what?!" he asks, panicked. "what the-" he was cut off by the loud knocking on the door.

"the police are coming! it's a blank! taeyong said it's a blank! leave! run!" he hears johnny's voice at the back of the door. mark looks at koeun and immediately runs to her and unties her. "let's go!" he says, his girl's hand in his, tight.

if you are not aware that this is an action scene, you would've mistook this as a romantic movie wherein the lead characters are running while holding hands and their faces are painted with smiles.

but no.

koeun and mark run for their lives, the other hyungs behind them and donghyuck unexpectedly leading the pack. all of them. they were running for their lives. running for freedom.

"last one's an egghead!" hyuck challenges which throws them into a fit of laughter while running with the speed of light. and at last they reach the gates and one by one they go outside this cruel world all separating lanes.

"see you soon guys!" tayeong bids his farewell while he runs to the other side of the street.

but the couple doesn't part ways. for them, this moment was euphoric. it was pure euphoria. they were in each others presence, the cold night ambiance and the bright full moon was perfect for them to feel this way.

"let's run away?" mark asks.

"let's run away" koeun answers.

and they ran to a place where their hearts would be at peace.