~Chapter 16: Money, Reporters, and Peeta!~

Hey my peeps. (you guys)That’s what I’m going to call my readers from now on. I know I haven’t updated in a LONG time. Sorry I’ve just had a bunch of work! Yeah….homework! BOOOOOO!!!! So as a treat I made a chapter in Annie’s point of view…finally going to talk about her boy. Maybe I might do a Johanna chapter one of these days!!! Enjoy my peeps!

***Annie***

      My life has been so complicated these past years. I have never had a happily ever after. My Finnick went to the hunger games and survived. After that I went to the games! I was so glad my Finnick taught me to swim or I would have died! That left a mark in my life! People thought I was crazy! I still have bad memories and dreams of those days. Then the capitol took me away and locked me in cells. I thought I would never leave until I met Johanna.

     Johanna was strong. I could hear her screams when they tortured her in the capitol to try to get secrets out of her, but she never told them anything! I was glad, I even smiled. I never even smile in the capitol. That was the first time I was happy in there.

     I got a chance to talk to Johanna there once. She told me that very soon, the stupid capitol would be destroyed, we would be out of the horrible cells, I would see Finnick again, and every single person that tortured us would be dead. She grinned after her words and I slightly smiled. That gave me hope! That’s why I am her friend, she is strong and kind. Sometimes she seems rude, but inside she’s not.

      Everything she said was true! I got to see my Finnick again and we got married! I was joyful! Then Finnick left to the capitol. I hoped he would be safe. I watched the screens of the television every day, half hopeful, and have frightened. I barely discovered I was going to have a child, and I wanted it to have a father. When I knew Finn died, I fell on my knees. My tears made my vision blurry, and I held my knees up to my chest and cried. I cried, tear after tear.

      Katniss, Gale, and Peeta survived. I was pretty sure Peeta would kill Katniss, but then again, he loved her once, he could learn to love her again. Life went on, me and my Finnick Odair the second, Johanna, Peeta, Katniss, Haymitch, Effie, Beete, Plutarch, and everybody else. Katniss had her children and she was going to have another, and then this happened! This! Why is her baby dying! Why is life so cruel and painful sometimes! But no one knows that answer.

       We were happy Katniss and her baby girl was alive, but the child was going to die! That would be horrible! We needed money fast! Willow had a brilliant idea and that’s why I’m on the street yelling with a sign in both of my hands. I shout,

“Go to Peeta and Katniss’ bread shop to save Katniss Everdeen’s newborn baby!”

My sign says: Katniss helped you, know it’s your turn to help her!

     Willow holds a jar and asks people for money to help. She’s a smart girl! She persuades people into giving her money as fast as you snap a finger. Johanna, let’s just say she tries! She does get some money, but people who don’t help, she curses at them. She says that she saved them and their kids. I pinch her and she gives me a look and says it’s true. She does have a point there!

       We stand there for like what? Five hours, sp far! Willow walks up to us with a box full of money. She gave up on the jar and found a cardboard box. She smiles and closes the box and looks for another one. A man comes up to me and Johanna. He wears a black t-shirt, blue jeans, and black shoes. He has a microphone and many people following! I mean…. a lot!