Chapter 7: She Has to be Alive

Derek Shepard POV

It's been two days since Meredith's plane took off and disappeared.

We've been stalking he news, but they've found nothing. They said that the plane got hijacked and those two men walking up the aisles crashed it.

I've been kind of a wreck lately so thank god the hospital hasn't been that busy cus I wouldn't be able to keep it under control.

I've tried to reach Meredith my leaving her massages even though I know it won't work. I'm pretty sure her phone got destroyed because her voicemail message doesn't even play, so I can't leave one.

I sit down at my desk and put my head in my hands.

The bed feels so lonely without Mer and I miss her dark and twisty comments. What if it stayed like this forever. What if I'm never able to stare into her beautiful eyes ever again. Or or kiss her lips or wrap my hands around her waist and plant kiss along her neck. What if she's dead.

"Chief." Bailey says startling me.

"Uh yes Dr. Bailey." She comes in and sits down in one of the chairs.

"Derek we all think you should take some times off." She says finally. I look up and look back down.

"It's just killing me not knowing. I-I just want to know if she's alive or if she's..."

"Meredith Grey is not dead. That woman has survived an offal lot of terrible crap. A bomb, a drowning, a shooting... she will survive this." She says and we're both silent for a moment.

"Thanks Bailey." I say.
"No problem Derek now go home and try to relax." I look up at smile and nod my head. I like the way Meredith says McDreamy better, so she better still be alive so I can hear he say it again.

Lexi Grey POV

Ever since I found out about Meredith's plane crash I'd been a nervous wreck. I've been able to hide it at work, but at home I get drunk as heck. I haven't been able to eat much lately either.

Meredith is like my mentor, protector and role model all in one dark and twisty package. I don't know what I'll do if she's dead, so she has to be alive.

It's the end of my shift and I'm just finishing up in he locker room when April walks in.

"Hey Lex." She says in a cheery tone. How can she be so happy right now!? I haven't been fully happy sense before I found out Meredith was on a freaking plane that got hijacked and crashed!

"Heyy." I say very annoyed.

"You okay?" She asks. I turn and give her a face then leave.

Miranda Bailey POV

I had 5 interns. 4 of them were on that operating table, 1 had cancer then left and 1 died. Meredith Grey has to be alive. If she isn't, I will resurrect her and kill her myself. I think to myself as I'm looking at news reports for the plane.

AN: Hey sorry this was so short I just kind of needed a filler chapter. Thanks for reading! ❤️💕