Chapter 11: She's Coming home

Narrator POV

A helicopter nears the location where the phone call was tracked. Meredith lays unconscious on the cold Earthy grass. The pilot sees the plane wreckage and starts to decent. Another copter comes from behind and tails it. Two men file out from each copter and looks for survivors. One sees Meredith and places his fingers against her faint, weak pulse. "I got one!" He yells and two doctors come out with a gurney. They examine Meredith quickly and give her some oxygen then get her on the gurney and load her into the helicopter. One helicopter pilot sees a man in the distance waving his arms. "We've got more people about a mile away from the wreckage we need more units." He says into his radio. Soon enough 4 more helicopters come and land and load up all 11 people. Another non-medical helicopter comes to examine the wreak. The 6 medical helicopters start there journey to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. Once they get Meredith stable at that hospital they will air lift her to Seattle Washington. They controlled the bleeding from her arm leg on the helicopter and put in a chest tube. Once they got to the hospital they did immediate surgery on her brain and leg. The surgery for her arm wasn't urgent so they waited so she would let loose too much blood. They open her head, found the source of the brain bleed, fixed it, then closed. They almost lost her leg but they were able to save it. They cleaned it then stitched it. She coded once in surgery. After she was out of surgery they hooked her up with some heavy antibiotics, saline and electrolytes. The hospital has been constantly updating Seattle Grace Mercy West on Meredith's condition. In a few hours they will take her back to Seattle as long as she doesn't code again.

Cristina POV

I have a patient who's having a craniotomy in a half an hour and I can't find Derek anywhere.

"Bailey where is Dr. Shepard!?" I ask her angrily in he hall. She turns and looks at me with a distraught face.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"He... he got a call from Meredith and she's on his way to the police station to get the call tracked."

"Oh my god." I say and cover my mouth with my hands while hot, prickly tears form in my eyes. Bailey's eyes water too and she pulls me in for a hug.

"She's really alive? " I say, my voice small. I feel Bailey nod and an overwhelming since of joy washes over me. Me person's coming home.

Lexie Grey POV

My alarm clock goes off and I smash it with my fist. I get up and trudge to the bathroom and get ready.

When I look through the front doors of the hospital I see Derek leaning on the counter holding g his phone and Cristina's right next to him. Dr. Webber and Mark are there too and everyone is smiling.

When I walk in everybody's eyes lands on me. It makes me so furious that they're all so happy! I need to get away before I freak out and scream at time. I start to quickly walk away but Derek stops me.

"Wait Lexie."

"What Der-Dr. Shepard!?" I say a little loudly. He looks at me with a happy face and I can tell he's truly happy because of his eyes. It disgusts me.

"Meredith called, I went to the police station to get the call tracked, they sent helicopters and they got her." After hearing this I freeze and my world stops. My sister is okay-Meredith is okay. My eyes get glassy and Derek pulls me into a hug and I lose it.

"My sister's alive." I say happily through tears.

"Your sister is alive." He says back. We pull away and I wipe my tears.

"The hospital updates us when they can. She went into surgery an hour ago." I nod my head and smile. She's coming home.

AN: Hehe kind of a cliffhanger. Anyways I'm almost at Cedar Point so this will probably be the last update today. Thanks for ready hope you enjoyed ☺️💜