Chapter 2: The Crash

Meredith Grey POV

The plane breaks into chaos as I hear crashes and gunshots. I yank out my phone and call Derek. It goes to voicemail and I leave one.

"D-Derek there's two men on this plane who are heading towards the cockpit with guns. I don't know what's going to happen but I just wanted to say I-I love you and Zola so much." I say into the phone then I'm pretty sure I hear one of the guys breaking the door to the cockpit down.

I hear more screams and yells then the plane starts to drop.

"Shit!" I whisper yell out in surprise. I leave the phone on and slide it in my jacket pocket then zip it up hoping it doesn't break.

I look over and see Penny and Danny cradling Kyle and I hold on to my seat. The plane jerks up and down making me sick. The plane speed up then abruptly comes to a stop and the world goes black.

I wake up to the smell of smoke. I look over and there's a big hole in he side of the plane and it looks like a third of the plane broke off. I push the rubble off myself wincing and it moves past my leg.

After the chunk of plane is off me I see there's a few shards of the plane in my leg. I stand up with out using that leg and see if I can find my bag.

I find it and  yank it out of the crushed overhead compartment. I open my bag and grab the first shirt I can find I take it out and sit back down them take the pieces of plane out of my leg. I wrap it with the shirt and then grab some more stuff out of my bag that I can use. A jacket, my two water bottles, a first aid kit and a smaller bag purse thing that I can put over my shoulder to hold it all.

I unzip my pocket only to find my phone crushed. Probably from the chuck of plane that was on me. I take my nice jacket off to reveal a magenta button up shirt. Then I realize I have a big gash in my arm, so I use a thin tank top undo wrap my arm underneath my shirt since it's torn. I sling the bag over my shoulder and  start to search the plane for any food or any people.

I found 8 packs of pretzels and three more water bottles. Both pilots where dead along with 19 other people (that I found). I hadn't found any survivors yet but it looks like everyone who's dead, has been dead for a few hours, so maybe I was just out for a while and others had already found better shelter something. I did find another first aid kit and it's a more advanced one.

After I finish searching the plane which took about 15 minutes I look around to try and see if I could find any more parts of the plane.

I start to feel really dizzy so I quickly sit down. A single tear rolls down my cheek leaving a streak in the ash, dirt and blood on my face.

After I regain my balance I stand back up and I see smoke coming from the distance. I start to walk towards it because there's probably a part of the plane over there.

I come upon the other part of the plane but then I hear rustling in the leaves behind me. I whip my head around and see nothing. I continue to walk or more like limp towards the burning mass but then I hear more movement and the sound of reloading a gun.

"Who's there." I ask turning around with adrenaline now pumping all through my body. I see a figure come out from behind a tree and just before he shot his gun I squatted to the floor so he missed me.

"That was my last bullet you bitch." He says angrily.

"Why did you do this?" I ask him. "Why would you try to kill innocent people?"

"Because mine and my brother's father and mother were both killed by the hijacking of a plane, so we decided to do the same. Do you have kids?" I stand there for a few seconds in silence.

"Y-yes. A daughter." I say shakily.

"She should know how it feels to loose a parent." He says then pulls out another gun.

"And now my brother's dead too so I'll shoot you then shoot myself so I can finally be with my family again.

"Look you don't want to do this. You don't want to be a murderer."

"LOOK AROUND! TAKE A FLIPPING LOOK AROUND YOU IDIOT! I already am a murderer!" He yells at me. I stare at him with a blank face and a silent mouth not knowing what to say.

"Now because you've made me mad I'll let you suffer as you die." He says while raising his gun and shooting me in the thigh. I gasp in pain and fall to the ground.

"See you in hell bitch." He says and I hear another gunshot and an a body hitting the grass and dirt with a thump.

AN: Hey guys so if you have suggestions or anything you want to say just leave them in the comments. I hope you like the fanfic so far thanks for reading! 💛💛