Chapter Eleven

"A dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."

(Wanda POV)

He looks so peaceful with his eyes closed, lying in the chair. His hand is still loose in mine and I can tell that he's dreaming. He's dreaming about me.

I slip softly into the dream. It's light, and open, and warm. He's there. He sees me and smiles. "Wanda," he says, in that echoing dream voice. 

"Vision," I reply with a smile. If he knows it's a dream, he doesn't know that I'm not made of it.

I realize we're flying. Hovering. He floats closer. My dream-self reaches out towards him. He takes my hand. Scarlet skin a stark contrast against my own. And I can feel it as if it's real.

We're closer than we've ever been. His blue and gold mechanical eyes looking down at mine. Both my hands are caught in his at our sides. His golden caps blows back against him and brushes our fingers.

Would we be so brave if this wasn't a dream?

He leans his head down. His golden stone touches my forehead. I can even feel the warmth from it on my skin. He doesn't need to breathe, but he is breathing, quickly, like his heart is beating too fast. So is mine.

I wouldn't be so brave. Not if this was real. 

I tip my head up. My lips just barely brush his. 

Then the dream becomes a nightmare.

I fall. 

The clouds turn dark and I'm spinning and I can't catch myself, so I scream. I scream for Vision, I'm falling and he's the only one who can catch me, save me, Vision, save me. 

He dives, he drops after me with his hand stretched out and pain across his scarlet face from the vibranium to the golden stone. "Wanda!" he cries, but he isn't fast enough, can't reach far enough, and I hit the ground.

We both jerk awake. Sweat glistens on his face and he breathes hard. 

Immediately I reach over and take his hand again, ignoring the pain in my shoulder. "It wasn't real, Vis, it wasn't real."

I feel a pressure on my mind and then he's taken back my pain. He leans forward in the chair and breathes deep. His hand tightens on mine. 

"I'm okay, Vision. It was only a dream."

"You were there," he realizes. "You were really there, in the dream."

"Yeah, I was there. But I'm okay. It wasn't real."

He rubs his forehead with his free hand and shakes his head. "I could not catch you. I failed you."

No. No, my heart's stopped, my Vision is too good. "It wasn't real! You've never failed me, and you never will."

"How do you know?" He looks so afraid, that he won't be fast enough, or strong enough, when it really matters.

 I don't dare think the words I really want to say. Instead I smile and look down at his hand. "I don't know. I trust you."

He looks adorably confused. "Why should you fully trust an imperfect person?"

"Well," I let out a breath and tip my head, "because you know they'll try."

He seems to consider this. His eyes flicker across my face. Then he asks a final question. "What if they do not succeed?"

"I guess that's why they call it hope," I reply. "You'll always catch me, Vis. I know you will."

He almost smiles. Then he looks back down at the carpet and says only, "I will not sleep again tonight."

A/N guys thank you for 1K reads! and like 60+ votes!!

Also I love my readers and thank you so much to @TekkengirlLopiga @ThatOneMarvelFan @scarletvision18293 @wolfclanwarriors and @Halastjarna for being so amazing ?? 

Ship forever, love you guys, next chapter will be up as soon as possible ❤️❤️