Minor

I don't know if my wife is okay.
I don't know if the child I helped create is okay.
I don't know shit..

Let me sum it all down. Y/N woke up in the middle of the night in really bad pain. She's full term, so we thought it was just contractions. It got worse, and she started coughing up blood.

I called an ambulance, and once we got there, they booked an OR for an emergency c-section. That's all I know.

I could have been in there if she was awake, but they had to put her under.

Hours.. Hours passed and I didn't know squat. No doctors will tell me, neither will nurses.

I felt myself drifting off, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a nurse, smiling.

"Hello Sean, may I speak with you down the hall?" I stand up and follow her to a more non populated area of the hallway.

"How are they?" I was so scared.

"They're both fine! Y/N is still in recovery, she's not awake yet. We had to repair her left lung, the baby was so long the bugger got himself stuck in her ribcage!" She just said himself..

"Himself? Is it a boy?" She smiled as she said yes.

"I can take you to him, if you'd like!" I immediately said yes, and we walked to another room not too far away. "Hospitals don't really use the nurserys anymore, usually the babies stay with the mothers, but because Y/N is not awake yet, he will have to stay in here."

We walk up to a small baby. The nurse smiled as she handed me him.

I didn't know what to do, smile or cry. So, I did both.

"He's adorable!" I say, holding back tears.

"He doesn't have a name yet, do you want to name him or wait for your wife to wake up?"

I've always said this. If I ever have a son, he needs to be named Sam. Sam is so dear in my heart, I cannot name my child that.

"Um.. she'll probably be super pissed but.. Samuel.. Samuel Jack McLoughlin.."

"You know, not very many new daddies get to hold the kid first, yet name him!" I smiled.

I'm holding an innocent baby, and I made him..