Chapter 32 : Choking On Chicken

I sighed in exasperation and pointed at his laptop. "They have all these dresses and extremely girly shirts. Go to the men's section please, I can't bear with these. My head hurts."

He quietly went to the men's section and I picked up few random t-shirts of different colours. He then again went to the women's section from where I picked up dark jeans of my size.

"Enough?" Clark asked incredulously since I picked up only a few clothes which wouldn't be sufficient for the entire trip.

"Ian mentioned that he wanted to take me out for shopping and stuff so I'll buy then," I declared my plans.

"No erm . . . understuff you want?"

"Oh, those fools kept all the undergarments in the bags so yeah, I don't need them," I said nonchalantly and he typed on his laptop. "When will these come?"

"Tonight."

"Isn't that a bit early? They usually require few days or so to bring all those clothes."

"I have my connections so they'll bring soon," he said dismissively and my mouth formed a wide 'O' shape. Why did I keep forgetting that he was a billionaire? But I would still pay for all these clothes. I had more than enough money with me and for the first time in my life, I was not broke. Plus I didn't want him to do me any favours.

"Have you ordered any food?"

"Thai food, you'll like it," he replied, his attention solely focused on his laptop.

"Oh, well. Honestly, Brownie . . . I miss homemade food." I stretched on my bed and my shirt rolled up exposing my smooth stomach. The cool air hit my hot flesh and I nearly moaned. Clark glanced at me and I quickly pulled my shirt down.

"We'll be going to my place in a couple of days. You'll get homemade food there," he promised.

"Ah, thanks. Will you cook for me please?" I asked, batting my eyelashes.

"I'll think about it," he muttered in his chipped, cold tone and the door bell rang. I sprang to my feet, pinched his cheek roughly on the way [to which he grunted in displeasure] and opened the door.

The staff from the restaurant set the table for us with all the delicious food. The aroma tickled my nose and the sight made my stomach growl. They left as I dove into the shrimp soup and the fried rice and the green chicken curry and a few others sumptuous food of which I didn't even know the name. I completely forgot about Clark who continued typing away in his laptop while quietly eating his food, until I started coughing and choking on the food like a mad woman.

I started beating my chest wildly while gasping for air. "Brrrrrrrownie!"

Clark turned to me and he looked petrified and amused at the same very odd time. I was still hitting my chest like an alpha gorrila, water streaming down my eyes and nose and still a huge piece of chicken stuffed in my mouth.

"Help," I managed to say and forcefully chew the yummy chicken.

"Spit the damn chicken!" Clark ordered sternly and rushed towards me.

"But eets yum," I croaked, protesting and Clark knocked my head in one swift motion. I yelped and immediately spit out the chicken due to the hard hit. "Ouch, you abusive prick!"

I coughed more loudly and Clark rubbed my head. "Stop talking, you stupid."

I calmed down after a while and plopped on the luxurious bed. Clark went to the bathroom and appeared with soft tissues. He knelt down in front of me and gently wiped my face which was covered in snot, tears and my own spit. Ugh, I felt gross.

I took the tissue from Clark's hand and grinned. "I'm fine now, I'll just wash my face. So . . . You care about me, huh?"

"What gives you that strange idea?"

"All this, the worry on your face when I was choking and crying for help. You came rushing by my side and although you hit me, it was for my well-being or else I would have died while attempting to swallow an abnormally large piece of chicken."

"I'm glad you acknowledge my help," he mumbled wryly and I grinned more widely.

"Admit it then, you care about me---"

"You're delusional, I don't care about you," he stated and got up. "You scared me."

"Oh, really? How?" I propped my chin in the palm of my right hand.

"I don't like to see you in pain," he admitted in a low voice and flicked my cheek. "I like to see you with that goofy grin and not a care about this goddamn world."

I grinned so broadly that I was afraid my face might break into two halves. His lips twitched upwards, a small smile tugging at his lips as he shook his head and left the room.

* * *

"Georgia, just wake up. We have to check out of the room in another fifteen minutes," I heard Clark's voice and I whined.

These past few days Clark used to wake me up each morning by shoving me off the bed or nibbling on my earlobe.

"Go away," I murmured, my voice muffled in the pillow. I was feeling groggy and I swatted his lingering hand away which was attempting to push me. Today was the day I was shifting to Clark's place while we both would stay over there, Ian would be back at his own house which was only a few blocks away.

Clark continued bugging me to get up, but I refused. Suddenly, he scooped me in his arms and I curled into a small ball, snuggling closer to him. I clutched his shirt tightly as he carried me bridal style to the bathroom.

I knew he was planning to throw me in the bathtub, so I clinged to him like my life depended on him. He tried to push me in the bath tub brimming with icy cold water, but I tightly wrapped my arms around his neck like I was choking him to death.

"Fine, now just stop with this little game." Clark sighed wearily and I grinned in triumph.

"Take me to the car so I can continue sleeping there."

"You are still in your pyjamas. Don't you want to at least brush your teeth or freshen up?"

"No, I'll be fine. I'm a filthy cat anyway. Besides, we're going to your house, so I'll wash myself there," I explained, not once cracking my eyes open.

I could feel his muscles relax and I knew he gave up arguing with me. A minute later, Ian knocked on the door and Clark let him in. They were talking and I couldn't miss the surprise laced in Ian's voice when he took a glimpse of me sleeping in Clark's arms. Clark called the attendants who carried our luggage while Clark carried me and tucked me safely in the back seat of the car. How sweet of him.

* * *

A/N :

the beautiful covers above are made by ashtonlirwin ❤❤