Chapter 35 : A Wonderful Jail

Clark and Ian tacitly walked in the jail while I protested that it wasn't our fault the fight broke out, although technically it was because of me. However, the police didn't have to know that. We even offered to pay for the damage in the bar, but they just didn't listen.

"No!" I protested and the police officer poked his baton to my stomach lazily, in an attempt to shove me behind the bars. Clark pulled me in and I started to trash in his arms. Ian quietly talked to the police officer, while I hurled abuses at him.

"Listen, ma'am. It's already late in the night and I'm tired. I'm sure you're tired too, so just get some rest here and you'll be bailed out by someone in the morning," the cop said wearily, yawning and scratching his arm.

"Fine," I muttered and I freed myself from Clark's grip.

"And behave boys," the cop said staunchly to Clark and Ian. "If these boys trouble you in any way, just scream ma'am. I'm just a few steps away, there's not any jail empty so I put you three together."

"Alright, sir! I'm sure these boys wouldn't do any harm, it's actually the other way round." I smiled sheepishly and did a thumbs up to the cop.

He locked the jail and left. Clark sighed and sat on the bed while Ian glanced at his watch. "It's already past twelve! Happy birthday, George."

"Aw, thank you Ian," I replied cheerfully and Ian smiled.

"We'll get out of here early in the morning. I'm sure we'll celebrate your birthday and you'll definitely have fun."

"You're so sweet Ian, unlike some other assholes," I said spitefully and glanced at Clark who was glaring at me.

Clark didn't say anything or didn't wish me either, not that I gave a damn. Both Clark and Ian silently pressed a packet of ice to their respective bruises on the knuckles and I sat on the chair. I saw both of them grimace at their wounds and I felt guilt rise in me.

"I'm sorry," I admitted in a small voice and lowered my head.

"Don't be sorry, George. After all, we haven't had a fight since college days," Ian said simply and chuckled.

"You two went to college?"

"Yeah, we finished early. We got into frivolous fights back then just to boost our ego," Ian continued and I laughed, impressed by the new information.

"Well, I'm not surprised since how you both put up such a tough fight back there. I was in awe," I teased and Clark scoffed.

"Credits to you for starting a fight in the first place," Clark said reproachfully and I frowned.

"Oh really, Brownie? I didn't force you to fight for me, you could have erm . . . ran away. I would have managed---"

"Managed?" Clark rolled his eyes. "They would have beaten you into a pulp or done something else to you."

"No, they would have not! I can take care of myself! I'm not a baby anymore, I'm eighteen years old now! I'm an adult!" I raised my voice, got up from my seat as Clark swiftly got up from the bed and strode towards me.

"You still act like a baby. Why don't you ever listen to me?" Clark asked coldly in a low voice and I flinched as his long, slender fingers rubbed my lips. "You always screw up wherever we go. If the paparazzi comes to know we are in jail, if anybody comes to know who we really are and where we ended up . . . " he trailed off and sighed. "Just bringing you here was a huge mistake."

I fought the pinching feeling in me and yelled, "Just meeting you in this life was a huge mistake!"

"The feeling is mutual," he said dismissively, flicked my forehead lazily and walked away to lean against the wall.

"I'm glad you feel the same way! You son of a bitch!" I sneered and rubbed my forehead furiously, although it didn't hurt.

"If you're glad then why are you so ticked off?" Clark snarled to rile me up and my hands balled into fists.

"You bitter piece of Brownie! I hate you!" I glowered at Clark and he looked at me with a bored expression.

"You both, just calm down, okay?" Ian intruded and Clark and I threw him a dirty look which made him shut up.

"Why don't you pull out your rich-freak card dumbass and we'll be out of here in seconds," I said sassily to Clark who coolly stretched his arms and legs.

"If I do that, I would risk everyone knowing who Ian and I are and then the endless torture of media will drag everybody down, including you. So, just shut up, stop annoying the hell out of me and by morning, Robert will arrange to get us out."

"Fine," I snapped and Ian tapped my shoulder gingerly. "Yeah?"

"Are you alright?"

"Erm yeah, why do you ask? Of course I'm alright, but your best friend here, ugh! I hate him, I just want to rip his dick off," I said through gritted teeth.

* * *

We were out of jail by early morning as promised by Clark and Ian. We arrived at the imposing mansion where I ran upstairs to my room to check my phone which I had left in my bag. At that very moment, my phone buzzed and I picked up the call.

"Hey dipshit," I greeted my brother, Zach, who groaned on the phone.

"I have been calling you since last night and you haven't picked up. Where were you?"

"I was in jail---"

"What? How? Why? The hell you were doing there?"

"Seriously, shut up. It's no biggie. My head hurts already, tell me why did you call?"

"Oh yeah. Well, happy birthday."

"Okay then, bye---"

"Wait," he interjected quickly before I could cut the call. "I was supposed to be your tour guide and show you the city and all."

"You were, but not now. I have already seen the city, my friends showed me around. So, you're not needed," I said in a frustrated tone, putting emphasis on the last three words.

"Even if I'm not needed, I have to. Dad is nagging me . . . Wait, are you mad at me?" he asked suddenly as realization hit him harder than Christian Grey fucking a poor virgin soul.

"Duh, I mean you were supposed to meet me way earlier and show me around. But you ditched me, so I had nowhere to stay. I nearly begged my grumpy friend to have mercy on me and give me a room in his house," I lied since I wanted Zach to feel guilty.

"I'm sorry, George. My university had given me some projects which I had to get over with this summer. But now that I have completed, we can meet tomorrow at the coffee house. Ally will be there too," he said and paused. "My new apartment is also ready with a spare room where you can stay. Actually, I wanted you to know that Ally and I have moved in together."

Ally was Peaches older sister who was studying her masters with my brother in London. I knew they liked each other, but moving in together! That was very unexpected and weird.

"I just told dad about this, he wasn't very pleased, but he'll be fine. What do you think about this?" Zach asked slowly and I gagged.

"What do I think about you two moving in together and practically banging each other? Gross, no! I bet you guys---"

"Don't bother completing that sentence, bye," he cut me off since he was clearly abashed and I sighed.