Chapter 9

"Can I come inside?"

Liam's face smiles at Niall as the blonde opens the door, looking all tired with his sweatpants and plain white tee.

His hair is all over the place, making it seem like a fluffy little blonde puppy on his head.

Niall's eyes are small and red, from the lack of sleep he had last night.

He didn't expect Liam to be here.

The blue eyed boy is home alone (for the first time in aaages) and didn't think somebody would ring the doorbell and say hello.

Especially not the brown eyed lad who's standing in front of his door right now.

"Um... yeah... ofcourse." Niall mumbles, stepping aside to let Liam through the narrow doorway.

Their arms brush against each other, making sparks fly through both boy's their bodies.

Niall just blushes, closes the door behind Liam, and awkwardly stumbles past the brunette to slowly move to the living room.

"Um... you want something to drink?"

Liam shuffles after him, taking glances around the house and licking his lips.

They both come to a stop in the kitchen, the blonde awkwardly watching the other teen looking around.

He doesn't know what to say or do.

Why is Liam here in the first place?

"No thank you, I actually only came for one thing..."

Liam's eyes land on Niall's, making the blonde's heart to pick up speed.

And not just a little speed, no.

All the speed you can get from this whole wide world.

The blonde teen's heart is probably beating faster than something that's faster than light.

Lightly leaning against the breakfast bar to regain his balance, Niall scrapes all his courage together.

"And... what's that one thing?"

His voice sounds kind of shaky and small, so Niall immediately clears his throat after saying it, straightening his back and looking back up at Liam's eyes.

But when their gazes touch each other, the blonde looses it again, knees getting shaky and skin tickling.

Niall notices that Liam is suddenly a lot closer, his chocolaty eyes still swimming into Niall's.

Breaths mingle with each other as both the teens just stare, doing and saying nothing, hearts beating inside their chests.

Niall's eyes flicker to Liam's lips as they slowly part, a puff of hot air coming out.

"You."

Before Niall can really comprehend what's happening, Liam's warmth is already spreading through his entire body.

Lips touch each other, toes touch each other, bodies touch each other.

Liam starts to move his lips, and with thumping heart, Niall mirrors him, not daring to do anything else.

But he doesn't even want to do anything else.

This is too perfect.

Too pure.

The older teen presses the other against the breakfast bar, hands slowly sneaking to his shoulderblades.

Niall wraps his arms around the brunettes waist, softly and soothingly pushing his fingertips into his back.