Chapter 10

Dedicated to kadiebmore because of the lovely comments I got c: Thank you!

Niall pushes his feet up and down, the swing underneath his butt moving back and forth into the air.

He watches his little siblings play in the warm grass, happy smiles on their faces.

School just finished, and it was such a nice weather, that Niall decided to go to the park.

It's hard looking after everybody at the same time, but nobody's lost yet, so Niall guesses it's going quite well.

Licking his lips, the blonde teen can feel the crisp spring air blowing lightly against them, making the corners of his mouth turn up into a smile.

Niall loves being outside.

He loves the way it always calms him down, takes him away from the stressful life and bathes him in ultimate relaxation.

And yes, he definately needed some calming down.

Thinking about yesterday, Niall sighs, pushing himself a little higher into the warm soft air.

His mother came home early yesterday, when all the kids were already put to bed.

Sighing, the had plopped down on the couch, putting her head in her hands.

Ofcourse Niall immediately asked what was wrong, but it took a while for his mom to answer.

She told him that she had gotten a letter, saying that if the situation at home wouldn't change, and if she wouldn't earn enough money, her kids would be taken away from her.

Every single one of them.

Even Niall would be taken away from her, because he isn't old enough to live on his own yet.

She wasn't a good enough parent, and she didn't earn enough money to take care of her children.

In the letter was told, that Niall's mom is getting four months time.

If she gets a good job, enough money, a husband maybe, she will be allowed to take care of her children.

Otherwise, they'll be taken away from her.

Niall didn't know what to think.

He just sat down next to her, hearing his own mother sob into her hands.

He didn't do anything.

He didn't know what to do or feel.

He still doesn't actually.

What can they do about it?

His mother never finished school, so she won't be able to find a good job.

Maybe she has to do a second job, but then she'll have to stop what's going on right now.

All the men.

Coming home late.

Niall wants to live like a normal family (if you can even call 8 children and one mother normal), but he doesn't want to be the only one trying to make it perfect.

He needs his mum's help too, otherwise they'll never make it.

The blonde can't do this all on his own.

And he doesn't want to lose his little siblings, his home, and actually, not even his mother.

Feeling the air whip around him, Niall turns to look through the park.

1, 2, 3 and 4, 5... 6 and 7, yes, all his siblings are still there.

Niall eyes move over to Melody, who's lying on her back in the grass, eyes closed and sun shining on her face.