Chapter 6

Dedicated to Nandiix because I love her comments c:

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol to the side because it fits the chapter.

"Tick."

Niall moves his hands to his head, growning.

It's still completely dark, and his bed feels too warm and too soft to get out of.

Squinting at the bright light, Niall looks at the bright red digitals of his alarm clock.

01:16.

The blonde teen frowns, wondering why the hell he woke up.

His mom came home at 00:00 exactly, and went to sleep immediately after, so it can't be her.

Yawning, Niall closes his eyes again, pulls his blanket over his ears and snuggles his nose back into the pillow.

He might as well just go back to sleep.

Just when the blonde feels drowsiness and tiredness taking over his body again, a little noise can be heard at his window.

"Tick."

Frowning tiredly, Niall opens his lazy eyes again, turning his gaze towards the window.

He can only see the black silhouette of the tree in front of his window through the blinds, the leaves dancing in the wind.

Niall sighs, just thinking it's a branch or something.

Closing his tired eyes again, the blonde sinks back into his thoughts, cuddling deeper into the soft and warm bedsheets.

"Tick!"

The noise is harder this time, making Niall to jump up a little and to open his eyes again.

What is that stupid noise?

"Tick!"

A little irritated, Niall thows his legs out of his bed, moving the sheets off himself.

He slowly moves his whole body out of the bed, proceeding to slump over to the window.

"Tick!"

Niall jumps a little, as the noise is close now, hitting against the window and not sounding like rain or a branch anymore.

But what is it?

Squinting at the darkness, Niall rolls up the dirty grey blinds, looking out of the window.

What he sees makes his heart to stop for a second, and the only thing he can do is stare.

There's a black figure standing in front of his window, staring back at the blonde boy.

It takes a while for Niall to recognise him, but when he does, he lets out a puff of air and lets his body calm down again.

The blonde boy tiredly grabs the handle of his window, and pushes it open, almost hitting the person in the face.

"Brooks, what are you doing here?" Niall mumbles, not feeling irritated anymore, but still a little tired.

His blonde friend just smiles, his grey eyes lighting up in the dark a little, reflecting the pale moonlight.

"My dad and brother were fighting about something, so I thought that I could maybe hide at yours."

Niall chuckles, shaking his head a little at his weird friend.

"You can't come in, we'll wake everybody up, but I can come out if you want?"

His small whisper waves through the air, making Brooks smile.