Chapter 7

"IF I WERE A BOOOOYYYYY!!!"

Niall laughs at Brooks' high pitched singing in the kitchen.

Both boys have practically been living together for the last few days, because of all the fighting and screams at Brooks' home.

Niall hasn't been there, neither has he heard how bad the insults are that are being thrown around, but based on the small bits of information Brooks has told him, it's pretty bad.

Brooks' brother is probably moving out sooner or later, according to the blonde's father.

"I THINK I COULD UNDERSTAAAND... OH-OH-OOOOHHH-OHHH..."

Another thing Niall found out, is that Brooks is genuinely a freaking GOD in the kitchen.

Niall never knew food could taste that delicious.

So, out of pure instinct, the blonde basically revaluated his friend to head cook and owner of their small crappy kitchen.

And the cool thing is, that Brooks gladly accepted that.

He loves cooking, especially for Niall's little siblings.

Picking Jason up out of the crib, Niall cooes at him, blowing raspberries on the little boy's cheek.

The toddler screetches, drool running down his chin and his small eyes closed tightly.

Tickling the boy's belly a little, Niall starts walking towards the living room, Jason in his arms.

Jaylynn is sitting on the floor playing with her doll, Hannah and Robin are sprawled out next to her, drawing, and Lizzy is dancing around the room, trying to sing along with Brooks and the music, but failing terribly.

She simply doesn't know the words.

"Jay, can you play with Jason? You can play with the dolls together right?"

Jaylynn nods, smiling widely while standing up from the floor and eagerly stretching out her arms to hold Jason.

Niall carefully places the small toddler in her little arms, biting his lip.

"Be careful okay? I don't want you to fall."

Jaylynn just nods again, placing Jason on the floor and running off to grab another doll, so her little brother can have one too.

When she comes back, Niall smiles, and walks off to the kitchen, smelling something delicious.

May and Melody are standing in the kitchen, both helping Brooks with dinner.

Well, helping?

May is just dipping her fingers in everything Brooks makes, claiming that she has to taste if it isn't poisoned, and Melody is just standing to the side, watching everything Brooks does, and only helping with some small things when the grey eyed teen asks her to.

The Irish blonde can't imagine that not even a week ago they were still eating peanutbutter sandwiches as supper, and now they actually have somebody who can cook like an angel.

And Brooks also knows how to pick the cheap ingredients, being informed about the problems with money the Horans have.

Niall just guesses Brooks is part of the miracle they needed.

Or maybe the fight at Brooks' home is the miracle, because that caused Brooks to end up living in Niall's house.

Secretly Niall hopes that his friend's father and brother will keep fighting a lot longer, so Brooks will stay.