[3]

...

"Derek!" Rose shouted after him with a huff and then stormed closer to the blue jeep. Her arms swung furiously at her sides as she stomped over to her brother with fury.

Needless to say, having a short temper ran in the family.

"Rose? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Well, after waiting two hours for you to pick me up from school I figured I'd come find you." She crossed her arms as she stood outside the sheriff's station.

Stiles then appeared from nowhere and asked, "Is this a bad time or...?"

"I don't know," Rose said condescendingly, and then looked directly at Derek, "Is it?"

Derek looked up contemplating an answer, "Kind of."

Derek really didn't want Rose to get involved with the chaos that was currently rising in Beacon Hills. But if Derek knows anything about this town it's that everyone gets roped in eventually; especially if they're supernatural.

"What's going on? Why are you at the Sheriff's station?" Rose asked, not getting an answer she wanted.

"There may or may not be a boy who's about to experience his first full moon while being locked in a prison cell." Stiles explained, his voice in a higher octave than normal.

Rose's eyes grew twice in size as she looked at Stiles and then turned to Derek.

"You didn't."

Derek nodded, "I did."

"Shit..." Rose mumbled looking down. But the one thing that wanted to ask was why?

"Okay, now the keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my father's office," Stiles explained, "The problem is getting past the front desk."

"I'll distract her." Derek suggested confidently.

Stiles put his hands out on Derek's chest and pushed him back, "Woah, woah, woah...you? You're not going in there."

Derek glared down at Stiles' hands and then back up at Stiles.

"I'm taking my hands off..." Stiles said slowly pulling his hands away.

"I was exonerated." Derek reminded Stiles and Rose nearly choked on her gum.

"You're still a person of interest."

"Wait a second," Rose exclaimed, "Why are you a person of interest?"

Derek let out a low groan, "I can explain later, but for now I'm an innocent person," he continued looking at Stiles.

Stiles scoffed, "You? An in- yeah right!" Stiles shook his head, and then sighed, "You know what? Okay, fine. What's your plan?"

"To distract her..." Derek repeated this time slower.

"Uh huh...and how do you plan on doing that?"

"Punch her in the face." Rose encouraged turning to Derek and smiling wickedly.

"Ohh, she is so your sister." Stiles commented looking from Rose to Derek in complete astonishment.

"I'm going to talk to her." Derek answered.

"Okay, then. Give me a sample. What are you going to open with?" Stiles asked.

Derek kept his blank expression as he stared coldly at Stiles.

"Dead silence. That should work beautifully. Any other ideas?" Stiles asked.

Derek nodded mockingly with a small smile, "I'm thinking about punching you in the face."