[16]

...

"Scott!" Rose called out rushing to the entrance of the sheriff's station before the three entered. Sheriff furrowed his eyebrows at the girl running toward and then back to his son and Scott, "Who's this?"

"I'm Rose Hale." She answered catching her breathe.

Sheriff's expression blanked as he looked at the girl he'd only seen pictures of during the investigation of the Hale fire.

He pointed at her with utter confusion, "Your body was never found..."

"Uh...looks like you've found me! Case closed," she shrugged, not really knowing what else to say.

Sheriff nodded slowly and then turned to walk into the station. He didn't have time to figure out this mystery when there was so much more at hand. The questions for her would be for another time.

The woman at the front desk of the Sheriff's office looked to Sheriff with curiosity as he entered the station with Rose, Scott, and Stiles walking in behind him. The whole scene would seem sketchy to anyone.

"It's two in the morning..." she spoke slowly.

Sheriff sighed and leaned in close to her, "Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important."

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles whispered to the two other teens.

Scott asked, "Why?"

"Because all of the murders were committed by Jackson, except for one-"

"Jessica- the pregnant girl." Scott interrupted.

"Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could've seen him."

"Thank you," Sheriff spoke and then gestured for the three teenagers to follow him. The woman glared at them skeptically as they walked by.

A few minutes later they were all huddled around Sheriff watching security tapes from the Hospital.

"I don't know, guys. I mean, look at this," Sheriff gestured to the screen, "There was a six car pileup that night, the hospital was jammed."

Stiles flung his head back with frustration, "Alright, just keep looking."

"He had to of passed one of the cameras on that floor to get to Jessica. So he's gotta be on this footage somewhere," Scott added.

"Stop," Rose shouted looked at the screen, "Did any of you see that? Scroll back."

Sheriff nodded and began rewinding the tape, as they all leaned in toward the screen to watch carefully.

Stiles finger quickly pointed to the screen, "That's him, that's Matt!"

"All I can see is the back of someone's head..." Sheriff trailed off sounding unconvinced.

Stiles nodded, "And that head would be the head of Matt. Okay, I sit behind the kid in history, he's got a very distinct cranium. It's weird."

Rose let out a heavy sigh at Stiles' poor excuse.

Sheriff turned back to face him with a confused as well as concerned expression on his face, "Are you crazy?"

"Alright, fine...then look at his leather jacket, huh?" Stiles continued, "How many people do you know that wear black leather jackets?"

Sheriff and Scott's eyes both landed on Rose who was wearing a black leather jacket. Rose looked down at her jacket and slowly crossed her arms over her chest. This wasn't the best time to wear a leather jacket, she thought to herself.