🥀1🥀

"Master!" She ran to him. His hair was chocolate brown and his eyes were maroon. He was really tall, probably 6 foot. She threw her arms around him and nuzzled her head against his chest. She could feel the vibrations of his small chuckles.

He pet her hair, running his fingers through it. "(Y/n)." He smiled and held her. "How are you feeling?" He tilted her head up so he could see her.

"I feel fine." She smiled up at him. "I'm not sick anymore."

"What about your skin?" He held her hands and examined the purple hue in it. "It's still violet."

"I can change the colors... well.. involuntarily..." she smiled sheepishly.

"Really now.." he smiled. "Let me see."

She thought of the day when he took her to the park at sunset so she could see what the sky looked like in the evening. She felt so warm like the sun was kissing her colored skin. As she was remembering this, her skin turned gold with some flecks of pink. "S-see?"

He smiled and held her hands delicately. "It's beautiful.. just like the chameleon you are."

"I'm your chameleon.." she leaned back in her chair and rubbed her eyes. "God... I'm never gonna find anything from these videos..." she looked over her shoulder at the camera in the corner. She sighed and looked down at the laptop. "He's been gone for so long... when did he say he'd come back... 7:30..?" She looked over at the clock. "Oh... it wouldn't have mattered anyway... it's been well over a full day..." she stood up and noticed her skin was blue with flecks of gray. "I forgot what it looks and feels like to have my skin a different color than this.."

She crawled out of the window and to the fire escape. She still had her tracker in her ankle but it would only go off if she went a block away from the apartment/lab. Lucky for her, there was a store on the floor below her where she snuck around and gathered food. It was easy to turn invisible but it was difficult to change colors. Kind of confusing, yes, but that's just what she does.

"I miss you, master.." she looked up at the stars and looked down. "How could you leave me without telling me..?" Her eyes started to water and she sniffled. "Don't you love me?" She held onto her locket. She held it to her nose and smelled it, loving the smell of maple and medicine. She opened it and looked at his picture. His smile was imperfect but it was still gorgeous. So were his eyes... he was practically blind without his glasses but the lenses made them bigger which were like magnifying glasses for his eyes so anyone can see how mesmerizing they were.

"You're so beautiful, master." She smiled sadly as small traces of pink were splattered with the gray. "I love you, so much." She hugged the locket. She smelled the locket again and her eyes widened. She smelled the air and like a starving man smelling fresh bread from a bakery, she followed the smell and looked in the direction across the street and saw four silhouettes running across the rooftop. She took one step forward and she felt a sharp pain in her ankle. Her mouth opened to scream but nothing left her lips. She climbed back into the apartment and hugged her leg in pain.

She squeezed the skin of her ankle and could see the chip of the tracker press against it. "Damn this thing." She huffed and looked out the window and could see the silhouettes running towards the side the moon was on. And they were gone. "Maybe they'll come back..." she sat down and rested her head against the windowpane. "Or maybe I'm delusional.. I mean!..." she huffed in anger. "He said in the last video that he would come back!! I waited so long I had to look at the videos over and over again just to clear up my memories so I can't forget about him!!" She hissed and her skin turned red with large spots of blue. She gasped slightly when a thought came to mind. "What if he forgot about me? Why does he hate me..?" She cried, her skin going back to blue before she could even realize her skin was a different color.

~*~

One of the silhouettes, before leaving, had looked over at the apartment (y/n) was in. He felt the hand of his brother on his shoulder. "She's fine."

"Yeah... you're right." The four left as the one looked back and could see (y/n)'s pretty face look out the window.

"Forget about her. She's probably gone."

The silhouette nodded. "Yeah.. she wasn't that important anyway." And after that, he always assumed the worst happened to her.