Ghunghroo & Payal

1. The rank of the book is going up with a great speed & the credit goes to all of you for being such amazing readers!!!

2. There is another story on another site which I'm writing which needs a little more attention right now so if the updates for this one get late please don't mind

3. Nothing, start reading
.........................................................

Dev's POV

I am an idiot. Ekdom impossible. Ekdom Boka. I call Sona my friend & I didn't even know that she's an orphan, not that it would have made a difference to our friendship but all this while she has told me to open up, I never bothered to share her pain neither did I make any efforts to see beyond her smiling face.
As it is I can't sleep & this guilt is making it worse.

I have to speak to her.
How?
I don't even know what to say. I'm suffering from a verbal constipation.

"Problem hai? Mere pass solution hai!! Don't forget to catch Raat Ke Humsafar at 9 on Radio Rang"My Radio blazed

"Yes!! Yes!!" I shrieked like a maniac. I can call this girl & ask her what to do. Perfect!!! Perfect!!

It was 5 minutes to 9 & I was walking to & fro in the room ... Impatience was eating me from inside...

Tick tock tick tock went the clock

Finally I jumped towards my phone & dialled the number which the RJ spoke up, After listening to a stupid mechanical female voice asking me to wait in the line for some 15 minutes my turn came. The dragons in my stomach started roaring & my stomach did a back flip. I started sweating. I was hell nervous!!

"Hi!!"

A voice came from the other side. It wasn't an ordinary one... It had magic,mystery & compassion roled into it.

"Is anyone there?"

She spoke again bringing me to my senses.

"Yeah!! Yes!! Hi" I replied

"Great!! So what's your name?" She asked casually & I kept on removing sweat beads from my forehead with the back of my hand

"My name? Hahaha my name..."

"Yes your name"she sounded amused

"Mai... mai"

"I'm waiting"

"Aahhm ... umm ... haa ... Ghunghroo"

"Ghungroo?" She asked double amused

"Yes Ghunghroo Wangdu"
I know I know you are laughing at this but hey I am Dev Dixit I can't reveal my real identity to her ... It will be in the papers tomorrow if I do that!!

"So ghunghroo jii aap bajenge?"

"Excuse me" I said with a frown on my face

"Sorry I mean speak"

"I have a friend"

"Hmm"

"Her name is Payal"

"😂😂😂😂You've got to be kidding😂😂😂😂 ... Ghunghroo ... Payal😂😂😂😂"

I admit these names are eccentric but hey remember I am Dev Dixit, youngest business tycoon calling up a radio station for help sounds too weird & Accha thodi lagta hai!!!

When the RJ stopped laughing I continued with my problem. I told her everything; our equation, then the invasion of that Jatin but I majorly spoke of my guilt about not knowing anything about her problems, her parents were dead, she got agitated with any violence verbal or physical. God knows what else does she hide behind her enchanting smile.

"See ... Mr. Ghunghroo" Sonali started giving her opinion "It is not that you are the only one to be blamed for not knowing about her ... She may not be comfortable talking about it ... Just because she is your friend you can't force her to leave her space ... Give her time & win her confidence ... You may be able to penetrate this layer of secrecy she has around her ... So ghunghroo jii hamesha bajana zaroori nahi hai kabhi payal ki chanak bhi chup hoke sun leni chahiye"

"Thanks." I replied

"Mr. GHUNGHROO..."

"Yes"

"Give her a pizza treat"

"Pizza? I don't think so ... she is a nutritionist."

"Don't go by the profession"

"Okay." I was still not sure of the idea

I nodded, this girl was sensible. She's deep & has a mystical voice which attracts everyone towards her.

RJ Sonali ... I would like to meet her someday.😊

As soon as I disconnected the call she played the song

Ke pag GHUNGHROO baje
Meera naachi thi
Aur hum naache bin
GHUNGHROO ke!!

This was silly!!!
But I liked it & couldn't help smiling ... I rubbed my hair like a fool. This girl had something pacufying in her ... Talking to her made me feel light... 

I went & sat down to sleep...

I texted Sona
"You have to report tomorrow at Dominos at 1 pm sharp... Be punctual ... No irresponsiblity will be tolerated"

I smiled after sending it. I kept my phone at the bed side table but it buzzed again ... I picked it up ... it was a message from Sona

"Fine. Boss."

That Boss thing was irritating me but it's okay I'll make her get back to the friendship mode again.

...................................................................

It was time to wrap the show ... Sonali bid goodbye to her listeners. She moved towards the window which looked upon the road. She saw Sourabh Dada stand near her car & gestured towards him that she'll come down in 5 minutes.

She turned her back towards the window & looked blankly inside the studio.

She could hear cries all around her,she felt that she was being taken away from her parent's body. People were crying. Some men lifted her father's body to take him on his last ride but suddenly men draped in black entered the hall & started shooting at everyone in sight.

She fell down covering her ears with her hands. Tears escaped from her eyes. Her body was shaking

"Aaaaahhh!!!!" She gave a loud blood-stirring cry.

"Sona" Sourabh was in the studio.
"Its okay... okay Sona you are out of it... You are safe"He kept rubbing her back until she got back her composure.

"Dada ... a person called & he was telling about a girl who lost her parents in some sort of violence."

"You got reminded of your parents?"

Sonali broke down & started crying again. Sourabh continued comforting her.

Precap-
Sona was walking away from Dev ... He holds her hand & sings from behind
"Arey Oh Kalkatte wali ... Bangali Kawwali Gaane de na gaane de na mujhe"

Votes & comments to please the writer please

Love is round the cornerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें