Chapter 24

Harry's POV

I have my arms wrapped tight around Alex, resting my head on hers. I can hear that her breathing has become more steadier than what it was before. She is sleeping peacefully after what happened last night. She cried and cried into my arms and all I could do was be there for her. As much as I would like to go find her fucked up father and smash his face in the concrete, I have to be here next to her. I know if I leave, she'll break more than she already is. What the hell am I supposed to do next week when I have to be gone. If she comes with us, the media will go crazy. But what choice do I have?

I slowly grab her arm to where I can see her wrist clearly and ran my fingers over the cuts. They were deep and the blood didn't stop after I washed her off. I took a deep breath. It scares

me knowing that she could have cut her artery, but she didn't and thats what matters. After she fell asleep, I went through her bathroom and threw away all of her razors and anything else that was sharp. I can't stand knowing that she was hurting herself and I should've been there to stop her.

"Harry," She mumbles and I'm not sure if she is dreaming about me or she's calling for me. "Baby? Are you awake?" I say running my thumb over her rosy lips. She kept biting her lips last night, trying to stop herself from crying. She but herself so hard, it started bleeding.

I planted a soft kiss on her lips and she opened her eyes. "Is this my good morning kiss?" She says with a gentle smile and I can't help but pull her closer to me deepening the kiss.

"I'll take that as a yes." She softly says and kiss me back.

"Did you get enough sleep?" I say looking into her eyes. I can tell she is distressed and her eyes are pink and swollen from all the crying. Her hair is a mess but somehow she still looks so damn beautiful.

"Mhmm, I'm glad I didn't have that dream again." She pauses for a few seconds. "It was because you were with me. So thank you." She says tugging entwining our fingers together. She scoots closer to me and lays her head on my shoulders. I wrap my hand around her and makes sure she knows I'm right here for her.

I break the silence by saying "I have to tell you something."

"Yeah?" She answers. I pull us away from each other so I can see her face. I look into her eyes. She's tired, if I tell her now, will it stress her more? Fuck it, she has to know soon or later.

"I'm going to be gone next week and no one has a damn clue how long." I didn't know if this was the right time to tell you, but she had to know. "And there is no fucking way I'm leaving you here by yourself. You need to come with me." She looks at me with a blank stare. I can't tell what she's feeling and it's causing me to panic inside.

"I'm glad you told me. But I don't want to bother the rest of the lads. Specially Zayn. I don't feel like I should see him right now." She is hesitating.

"What the hell are you talking about? You don't have to be anywhere near Zayn. I'm still a bit pissed at him, but he's my best friend. You're coming with me no matter what. End of discussion." She doesn't argue back and I am glad. I'm gonna have to tell the rest of the lads about this soon.

"So I should start packing huh?" She gets up and walks over to her closet and starts packing clothes into her duffle bag.

My thoughts are everywhere and then my mind decides to speak. "Is your arm hurting?" Fuck, I didn't mean to say that. She looks confused at first but quickly takes noticed of what I'm talking about. She covers the scars with her opposite hand and speaks. "They're okay. It's not hurting as much as last night. It's going to take a whole to heal because I cut way too deep this time."

"Babe," I frown at the thought of her hurting herself, even though I was the one who mentioned it. I knew I didn't want to talk about it, but I couldn't help asking her if she was okay.

"It's okay Harry. I'm okay. It will take time to heal, but it'll go away." Her index finger goes up and down her scars, just staring at it. It looks swollen and it's red. It looks horrible on her beautiful silk skin. It's like when children wear white clothes and gets it dirty. "I hope." She says and squeeze her arm.

The thought of her doing what she did drives me insane. I need her to be safe and feel safe. Her mind is filled with fear and it's all because of that lunatic father of hers. We have to leave this place immediately. Before anything happens to Alex, even if it means getting the rest of the lads involved, I need to keep her safe. She's my everything and I love her. I can't handle losing someone I love again.

I take Alex's bag that she packed off of her bed and carried it to my car. She followed behind my, grabbed onto the hem of my t-shirt. I opened the passenger seat for her and she climbed in. "You've got everything you need right? We may not he coming back here until I make sure everything is okay." I explain and she nods, telling me she knows.

It's feels like it's been a long time since i've visited the flat. I barely went there over the Holliday we had. Most the days I spent with Alex. But then Louis was with his girlfriend so I wasn't the only one. And so was Liam.

Girlfriend.

That term repeats over and over in my head. What was Alex to me? We've never actually made our relationship official or anything. But I know that I love her, and that she loved me. I never thought of the importance of being labeled "boyfriend and girlfriend". What if Alex wants me to ask her to be my girlfriend? Or does she think she is already? These thoughts won't leave and I get curious every fucking time I think about it. It didn't take long for me to open my mouth.

"What is exactly our relationship?" I say and she was about to say something but hesitated and stopped.

"I'm not sure." she simply says. Finally, we arrived at the flat and I back up into the parking lot. When I park the car, the car is filled with silence.

"You know that I love you right?" I look over to her and she is already looking at me. More like admiring me.

"I know, and I love you too Harry." She says and gives me a soft smile. It's a weak smile, but still has much seriousness.

"I've been a fucking idiot and I'm sorry. I told you I loved you, but I didn't do anything afterwards. So umm..." I choke on my words and don't know exactly what to say. Shes now full on smiling at me and that gives me the confidence. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, be my girlfriend?"

Alex jumps across to my seat and hugs me. "Ofcourse." She softly says and I can tell she is smiling. I tightly hug her and I don't want to let her go, no matter what.

************************************

Holy crap, I haven't updated in forever. Sorry I was MIA. I've been busy with school and stuff. This chapter sucks ass so next one will make up for it.

If you read 'After', I made some Hessa edits and posted them on my Tumblr so go check it out! My Tumblr is @lordxhoran (: