Chapter 5: Here For You

Slightly longer chapter, you're welcome.

/Prince's p.o.v./

I had been worried all night long about Anxiety. It put a sick feeling in my stomach and I had a hard time falling asleep. I really really wanted to know what was wrong with him, but knew if I pried into it further, Anxiety would close off even more. I had to wait.

I walked into the living room and widened my eyes at who was standing there.

"Anxiety." He's out of his room this early? I thought. "Good morning."

"Morning..." he replied simply.

There was a long awkward silence.

"Whelp... I'm hungry." He began to walk past me.

"Hey." I gently reached to grab his wrist but he quickly retracted before I could almost falling back with wide scared eyes.

"Woah, okay I won't touch you..." I put my hands up in surrender. "Just talk to me please. You were acting really weird last night, and it really scared me. I'm worried. Just tell if you're okay. And please don't lie about it?"

He suddenly hugged me. Wrapping his arms around my chest, his hands clutching at the cloth of the shirt on my back. He rested his chin in the crick of my neck, hiding his face. "It was just..." he sniffled. "A really bad attack... that's all... a bad attack."

The embrace was so sudden I felt my heartbeat speed up at the contact. I hugged him back immediately looping my arm around his waist and bringing my other hand up to the back of his head, pulling him closer, and feeling his soft hair. "Why are you crying now then? Was it that bad?"

"Yes..." he replied hiding his face more. "It was so lonely... without you there."

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"For what? I'm the one who pushed you away..." he muttered.

"I don't blame you for that."I assured him. "After all you're telling me now right?"

He hesitated before replying. "Yeah..."

"I understand that you won't always want to tell me everything that happens to you, it's just the type of person you are, but just know that I'll always be here for you, okay." I then chuckled. "That's what best friends are for right?"

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind." Anxiety pulled away from me drying his few tears.

I frowned slightly missing his warmth, but then smiled happily at him. "Would you like to join me in watching some more Disney movies?"

"Yeah, I'd like that." He showed an almost half smile as he sat on the couch and I went to get my DVD collection.

-&-

/Anxiety's p.o.v./

I opened my eyes slowly, and saw I was still in the living room. I apparently was sleeping on prince's shoulder, said male also snoring softly. The title screen to Tangled was on the TV, and I slightly remembered falling  asleep to it. After all, after last nights events and talking with prince this morning I was pretty tiered. I shifted my arms still feeling the burning sensation in my wrists.

I know I was the one who hurt myself. The evidence was all there, plus depression didn't have a drop of blood on him, and my hands were covered in it. Still... how can I do something so horrible without barely remembering it? It was like I was in some sort of trance, and I didn't know what I was doing.... it was horrible I never want it to happen again... I snuggled a little closer to prince letting his warmth comfort me.