Chapter 5

Kali and the chickens brought the unconscious rooster inside the hut and examined him. 

"Aw, looks like he sprained his wing" Kali informed the others. 

"Aye, i'll fix it right up" Mac said. 

"I'll help you" Kali said, as she had been practicing on her vet skills. 

While Kali and Mac attended to the rooster's sprained wing, Ginger showed her fellow chickens the poster, revealing her new plan. 

"This is our way out of here" Ginger showed the poster to the others. 

"We'll make posters?" Babs asked. Kali chuckled to that statement. 

"What's on the poster Babs? We'll fly out" Ginger told the hens. 

"What do you suppose he does?" Nobby asked, referring to the rooster on the poster. 

"Isn't it obvious. It's a professional flying rooster, he fly's from farm to farm giving demonstrations" Bunty told him. 

Kali had a closer look at the rooster, realizing something. 

"Hey, I know this rooster! His name is Rocky. I saw him in that circus my uncle Willard took me to last week" Kali explained to the chickens. 

"What's the circus?" Babs asked. 

"Do you think he can help us?" Nobby asked Ginger. 

"We'll find out" Ginger told her little brother.

Kali then noticed Rocky was starting to wake up, she informed the chickens. Rocky woke up to see a flood of chickens staring at him causing him to bolt up quite panicked, knowing that he was in a strange, unfamiliar place. 

"Who are you? Where am I? What's going-OW! What happend to my wing?" he asked. 

"You took a rather nasty fall" Ginger answered. 

"And by that my sister means you crashed" Nobby clarified. 

"You sprained the anterior tendon connecting your radius to your humerus. I gave it a wee bit of a tweak, jimmy and wrapped her up" Mac explained to Rocky a bit fast, but he didn't seem to understand.

"Was that English?" Rocky asked, confused. 

"She says you sprained your wing" Ginger replied. "She fixed it". 

"And I helped" Kali said. 

"I made the bandage" Babs piped up. "I carried you in!" Bunty quickly added. 

Soon all of the hens were surrounding the handsome rooster. 

"Whoa! Let's back up and start from the top. Where am I?" Rocky asked. 

"Oh right, how rude of us. This is a chicken farm" Ginger introduced. 

"And we're the chickens" Babs playfully winked. 

"And i'm Kali" The adventure girl spoke up as she introduced herself to the american cockerel. 

"Whoa, a human's talking to me? I must've hit my head harder then I thought" Rocky said, as he wasn't freaking out over Kali being able to speak to him, which surprised her. 

"No, she's really talking to you" Ginger explained to Rocky. "But you don't have to worry about her". 

"Yeah, she's nice" Nobby added. 

"Among many other things as well" The tomboy boasted. 

Just then Fowler came over, glaring at the new comer. "I don't like the look of this one. His eyes are too close together".