16/03/17

11.30AM

It feels so nice to be home after being in people's country for too long, I guess. Wow mom, you don't change the yard landscape yet. A lot of flowers have bloomed. It hasn't changed much here. I have to admit that I miss being here. And hey, I think I saw Hong's family running the store. Hmm.. I wonder where is their son now. Is he successful?

~Kim Runa

* * * *

I close the notebook while waiting for Mingyu to pick me up in this house. He says he knows all the ways here yet he is still late for an unknown reason.

"Sowon!!"

There, I heard someone calling my name with an extra dramatic hand waves.

"I'm sorry! The traffic is damn bad and my phone is out of service! C'mon I'll help load your luggage! Aunty's home right?" He literally rapped all his questions out and I just nod although I only get half of them.

I follow Mingyu's step into my own home and I can feel the tense awkwardness in the house.

"Aww my baby's home!" My mom welcomed me with a big hug while my father is there, standing behind my mom and nod approvingly of my return.

Mingyu bows to my father and later both of them engage into a formal convos insisting question of 'how is your study?', 'my daughter's doing well right?' And 'thank you for taking care of her,"

"Your father really like Mingyu." My mom taps my hand while smiling. I nod, I can see it because it is too obvious to unsee it.

"But you know how we are, right mom?" I retort, trying to push away my feelings for him.

"I know baby, I am just very glad that Mingyu is reliable to help you."

She mutters under her breath and I feel like tears stinging in my eyes.