22

the next day, hoseok's friends texted him in the morning, reminding him to invite jungkook to come eat lunch with them. 

part of hoseok was suspicious as to why they wanted him to come eat with them so bad, but he brushed it off. 

he sat next to jungkook, who was already waiting on the bench at the station, tapping away at his piano tiles. 

the moment he arrived, the younger immediately closed his phone and looked up, forgetting about his game as he smiled at the older, leaning into him. 

"good morning sunbae," he said, and hoseok smiled back at him brightly.

 "mornin' cutie, you sleep well last night?" 

jungkook's smile only grew as his cheeks flushed slightly.

"yup, i dreamt of you," he added cheekily and hoseok bit his lip, looking away with an even more flushed face than before. 

"how about you?" the younger asked as if he totally just hadn't said what he had just said.

"u-uhm, same i guess?"

jungkook sat up and leaned a bit closer to hoseok. 

"you dreamt of me too sunbae?" he tilted his head mockingly, and the older boy's eyes widened as he realized what he had just admitted to the younger. 

"uhm... oh! do you wanna come eat with my friends and i during lunch?" hoseok quickly changed the subject, the younger boy letting the subject go with a smirk as he responded. 

"i would love to, as long as it's okay with your friends of course."

"they want to meet you actually," hoseok laughed. 

"oh boy..." jungkook let out a nervous chuckle and scratched the back of his head. 

"don't sweat it b-bro," it was the older's turn to laugh nervously now, seeing as he had almost slipped up and called the younger 'babe'.

"you can bring your friends too, i'm sure my friends would love to have them too, and that way you won't be alone either," he continued as he remembered the way his friends spoke of the other two boys, a smile growing on his face. 

>>>

"so uh, you guys down?" jungkook asked his two friends. 

"who is this we're talking about again?" jimin asked, eyebrows furrowing as he tried to get an idea of who he would have to eat lunch with for his best friend. 

"jung hoseok, i think he's in your department?" the youngest replied, and jimin and taehyung's eyes lit up. 

"oh! hobi hyung!" jimin exclaimed with a bright smile before his eyes widened, turning to taehyung as the younger did the same to him, both of them grabbing each other excitedly. 

"he's the one who hangs out with seokjin sunbae, right?!" taehyung asks, practically jumping up and down, and they both look at jungkook with wide smiles. 

"he also sits with min yoongi and kim namjoon, the two hotties from your department, right kook?" the pink-haired boy asks, also practically jumping up and down.

"uh, maybe?" jungkook shrugged and the other boys shared a look. 

"of course we'll accompany our dearest friend jungkookie~" they cooed, and the younger honestly didn't feel like he was in a place to be complaining. 

>>>

hoseok and his friends sat at their usual spot, waiting for the younger three to come join them. 

hoseok had forgotten to tell the other three that jungkook's friends were actually coming as well, so when they saw an extra pink and brown head enter the cafe, yoongi was the first to scramble up and give seating directions to the rest of them before the boys approaching them noticed.

"quick, hoseok, you sit there," he said pointing to a single chair, 

"jin, sit right there," he pointed to a seat one seat away from hoseok.

"namjoon, there," he pointed to a seat one seat away from seokjin. 

then, he pushed his backpack onto one chair next to him before plopping into a chair one seat away from namjoon, a satisfied look on his face.

"i'm a genius, i know, you can thank me later." he said confidently, the other boys being confused until the three younger ones arrived. 

hoseok jumped up to greet jungkook with a hug, taehyung immediately rushing over to greet his sunbae seokjin, and jimin just stood there awkwardly, namjoon and yoongi sitting silently at the table as well. 

after greeting jungkook, hoseok turned to jimin, his smile widening even more if that was possible.

"jiminie! long time no see!" he exclaimed as he engulfed the smaller boy in a hug.

"i literally just saw you in class fifteen minutes ago hobi hyung," he giggled and turned back to the table, seeing that taehyung had already seated himself next to the seokjin guy. 

jungkook just sat down in the seat between hoseok and seokjin, which left the seat between namjoon and yoongi as the only one available for jimin.

he gulped and smiled nervously at the two, namjoon smiling back sweetly and yoongi smirking, as he took the seat in between them. 

(excuse my shit drawing n handwriting but a lil diagram)

the boys all introduced themselves to those who didn't know them, engaging in a general conversation which eventually simmered down to separate conversations between jungkook and hoseok, seokjin and taehyung, and yoongi, namjoon, and hoseok

jungkook and hoseok were so glad that their friends were getting along so well, and the other five boys were happy to finally get a chance to get closer to each other. 

x

omllll idk if this was too long n awk but i also just kinda wanted to explain how they all felt about each other n shit bc you know???

yeah

only like, 7 more chapters left oml (and then a lil bonus epilogue or whateva but still)

thank you for reading n doing the thinggg

💕