Liar

In the morning I go to search for stefan but he's no where to be seen.
His bed doesn't even look like it's been slept in.
Enzo comes up behind me, his chin resting on my shoulder. He plants a kiss on my cheek.
"Good morning, love." His breath tickles against my neck.
"Hey." I avoid his gaze. I don't want to talk to him about stefan, because I'm afraid that he's mad at me for forgiving stefan so easily after him attempting to kill Enzo.
"What's up?" He frowns, forming creases between his brows.
"Oh, nothing." I lie.
"Are you sure? Juliet, if it's about stefan you can tell me." I underestimated him, he's not dumb.
"It's just, I can't find him!" I sigh.
"Well, he has hurt a lot of people so he could be going to apologise?" He says. I appreciate him trying, despite him hating stefan.
I suppose he's right. But that doesn't explain him not sleeping in his bed last night? After we hugged and made up, he told me he was going to sleep. I hadn't heard from him since.

Enzo hands me a plate of pancakes. The sweet aroma dancing in the air. He looks at me with big brown soft eyes.
"You're still sad aren't you?" He places a palm on my hand.
"I just don't understand.." I shrug.
By that, Damon races in the room. His black hair plastered to his clammy cheeks.
Sapphire eyes darting around the room.
"Where's stefan?!" He pants.
"I don't know, after his humanity came back on he went to bed, or so he said." I tell him.
"What time was this?" He frowns.
"About ten?"
"Oh, Juliet. His humanity's not on. He's playing you! I saw him leave the house around eleven whilst I was all drugged up by his vervain stash." He rolls his eyes.
Great. How could I not see he was playing me? I pinch myself at how stupid I was.
Stefans out there, and free. Because of me.