♥21♥

Dedicating this chapter to one of my dear commentator who makes me want to move on with this book. This is for you ♥ @jxnn_hxdgsxn_03

______________________________________

Ok. Breathe in; breathe out... in and out...

I assured myself it was nothing and that Stephen was just on my side, or rather he was helping me... nothing more. I heard soft shuffling by my side and realized Seb was by my side now, ushering me to get down. I slowly, with his help, got down and just stood there in the moonlight unable to grasp what happened now.

Stephen came around, phoned someone and said, 'she's gone'. That's all! Should I be worried? Is Stephen on the other side? Was Tom really the bad guy? Too many questioned was tormenting my brain and I just wanted to sleep now. Just forget everything.

I never realized Seb walked me to the car parked under a shady tree just outside my home and that Pete opened the door and embraced me saying something like my boo-boo bear and that was what I needed to melt down. I didn't cry like I feared I would. I just held him and inhaled relief, trust, and protection, not his manly scent or some stupid perfume. But still wasn't this too soon to trust him. Oh! To hell with it!

Mistakes make one stronger and I am willing to take this chance here.

Seb drove into the night and I am not sure where he was taking me. After half an hour, he rolled into a shady part of the town and parked in front of a building. The place was not too shabby but not too clean. I guess it's fine...

In a haze, I was taken up to the sixth floor and I entered into a room on the left of the elevator. I didn't plan to see a neat and clean apartment but that's was what I saw. The room was clean as a baby's bottom and I looked up at them, marveled. Pete rubbed the back of his neck and Seb chuckled.

"It's his house; you are not safe with me," Seb said.

Too tired, too exhausted to argue, question or even talk, I nodded my head and got in.

"There is a spare room where sometimes Seb crashes when he needed to be away from his deathly pack. So you can take that room or mine." Pete said sweetly and I just smiled at him. I said anything is fine and then went with Seb to the spare room. The neatness of the room freaked me. I didn't think about it much, I just went straight and fell down to the soft bedding and pillow with my face slapping the mattress in a fine thud. Good thing, the bed, pillows and everything was super soft.

Pete sighed while Seb lightly chuckled and by his voice, I can feel he was shaking his head from side to side. Well, you can't blame a tired exhausted birthday girl. Might I add; I was still in my sports bra, leggings and Seb's jacket?

In between sleep, I felt someone pulling my sneakers and socks off. Then, pulled me properly into the bed and covered me with blankets. From the whisper, I knew it was Seb.

"What should I do to keep you safe?" he sighed then continued, "Only if we met in a different situation."

The soft rustle suggested that he got up from the side of my bed and walked away. I was there in between sleep and consciousness with my heart and mind open but closed at the same time. However, after a while, I felt myself falling to darkness.

The hazy breeze and soft morning light woke me up. I can see that someone has pulled the curtains and opened the windows. Damn, why did they have to do that for? I was having a good sleep. It's ruined. The urge to pee made me groan and get up from my warm beddings and I walked into the spacious bathroom to do my business. My hair looks like a birds nest, well, sort of and my eyes looked puffed. The beautiful kind that says I had an awesome sleep. Also, there are line and ridges onto my skin. Wow! I did sleep well last night.