Deal with the Gods

I awoke with a sigh and a tugging at my mind.  The other Gods wished to see me.  I got up and got dressed then allowed my shadows to transport me to the God Demension.  I appeared in front of Kami and some other Gods who I had forgotten their names.

Kami was looking intently into a crystal ball.  "I have heard your wish Okami.  You wish to find love and denounce your immortality.  You know I can not simply allow you to do this.  The dragons wiped too many of us out.  It would put too much strain on I and the other Gods."

I growled my frustration.  The other Gods got out of my way as I began to pace.  They know better than to get in my way when I was angry.

"Your children are wreaking too much havoc for us to lose you, Okami.  Even contained in humans, they cause too much trouble for all of us."

This made me pause.  Was it only my children that were preventing me to follow my dream?  If so, then...

"Kami, what if  my children were restrained?  Would I be able to denounce my immortality then?"

Kami seemed deep in thought.  His white eyes bored into my red ones.

"You have an idea.  Well, tell me then."

I drew in a deep breath.  "What if I brought my children back into my body.  They each in the beginning were a peice of my soul.  What if I brought my soul back together.  My children would no longer cause havoc on this world."

Kami was shaking his head.  "Okami, you forget why we split your soul to begin with.  You yourself were causing havoc on the world."

I held my hand up.  "But if I denounce my immortality, I would no longer be an issue."

Undersanding was dawning in his eyes.  He seemed to ponder this.

"I will make yo a deal Okami.  If you can gather your children back into your body and find one to love you in five years,  I will allow you to become human.  If not, then you take your rightful place by my side and rule the other Gods like you were meant to all along."

I considered this for a moment the nodded.  "You have a deal... brother."

One of the other Gods brought forward a kunai.  I grabbed it a slashed it across the palm of my hand.  Kami followed suit.  We clasped out hands together.

"I, Kami, twin to Okami, and ruler of the Gods, pledge that if Okami can reunite her soul and find one to love her, I will allow her to denounce her immortality and become human if she so wishes."

The pledge was done and could no be broken.  A burning sensation entered my neck and Kami's as well.  Soon the pattern of chains wrapping around our necks was visible.  Proof of the Unbreakable Vow.

I gave one last nod to my brother and then left to Konoha to begin my task.