3.

~But she wished she had had the guts to go up to him and say hello. Or possibly break his legs, she wasn't sure which~ Stieg Larsson

Josephine-

To say I was agitated was reasonable. Harry wasn't even in English class that next day. And I couldn't catch him after History, where he had actually shown up, because he fled like a bullet and I couldn't confront him for ditching our tutoring lesson, but, that's if I even had the courage and bravery to speak to him about it at all. It just so happens that on this great, fantastic, wonderful, Friday morning, that I forgot my usual cup of coffee while I was rushing to get ready for school. So that even made me feel grumpier.

I feel as if I could just doze off at any moment during the end of the day when school is over.

"So how was tutoring yesterday?" Shawn asks me as we walk to the edge of the parking lot where I'm meeting Liv; who I'm giving a ride home, tucking my chin into my scarf as I scuff my boots against the asphalt.

"Fine." I answer simply, knowing that Shawn isn't the one to ask a lot of questions on the topic, only Liv is.

"So, what are you planning on doing this weekend?" She asks me curiously, dropping the subject as I knew she would, and I simply shrug my shoulders in response.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She puts her hand to my elbow to get my attention, and I let out a sigh as I look up to her.

"I'm just really tired, and I lied, the person I was supposed to tutor didn't even come find me yesterday, so it didn't even happen. And my grade depends on it and I can't-"

"Joey, your grade is just fine." Shawn tries to comfort me.

"No, it's not. All I want is to get back all straight A's at the end of this year, to at least have my parents be proud of me for something." I blurt out. Ever since I told them I wanted to major in English, they've seemed to be disappointed in me. A doctor is what they want me to be.

"Oh, that's what it's about." Shawn says softly.

She knows my parents aren't around much, and she is the only one I've really ever spoken to about it.

"They'll be proud of you either way." She tells me.

I shake my head to myself, and bury my chin back into my fluffy scarf.

"Who is this person anyways?" Shawn's breath comes out in white puffs in front of her, and I feel tiny sprinkles of rain on my face, the only uncovered part of my body.

"Who?" I ask.

"Who you're supposed to tutor." She explains.

"Oh, some new kid. He's really rude, to be honest." I murmur.

"Just talk to Mr. Harbors about it." She suggests.

"No, I don't want him to just choose someone else to do it." I speak.

"Then talk to him." She shrugs her shoulders.

I shoot her an obvious look, "You know I'm not well with talking to strangers. And he hangs out with all the druggies." I basically whisper the last words.

She knows I stutter when I speak to people I don't know.

"Is that group including Layla?" She asks knowingly, and I nod my head with a small giggle.

She laughs softly, and I give her a quick hug.

"I'll call you later, and we can plan something for this weekend." I call after her as she walks to her truck.