Chapter 2: Welcome to Camp Half-blood

Adriana and Grover walked out of the infirmary with Ellie and Percy following close behind them. Ellie stopped causing Percy to stop as well, feeling concerned for his best friend. He said to her, standing in front of her, "Hey. Are you ok?" Ellie took deep breaths and said to her best friend, "This is really happening, right? We fought a real monster with swords and I held a shield in my hand? Percy, please tell me this really isn't happening." Adriana turned around to see Ellie freaking out and said to her and Percy, "Guys, come on." Percy nodded at Adriana, telling her to give them a moment, then turned his attention back to his friend. He said to Ellie, using his nickname for her, "Lena, everything is going to be okay. You just gotta trust me." Ellie sighed and whispered, "What if it doesn't turn out okay, Percy?" Percy placed his hands on Ellie's cheeks and whispered to her, "I promise it will be." Grover watched the scene with Adriana with a smile on his face. He called out to the two friends "Come on, you two!" Ellie sighed, Grover just had to ruin her moment. Percy kissed Ellie on her forehead and said to her, "Come on, we can't keep Adriana and Grover waiting." Ellie nodded and followed Percy over to Adriana and Grover. Grover said to the two heroes, "Welcome to Camp Half-blood, Eleanor Roberts and Percy Jackson." Adriana said, taking over, "This is a place where the sons and daughters of the Greek gods can test their powers and abilities. Your ADHD and dyslexia? Those are your battle reflexes and more importantly your gifts. You two are demi-gods like me." Percy said, as he looked at Ellie, "That explains why we can read at the museum." Ellie said to Adriana, "So, if Grover is an actual real live satyr, what does that make you?" Adriana chuckled and replied, "Daughter of Hermes. I figured that you or Percy would ask me sooner or later. My twin brother, Luke, is the camp leader with me as his co-leader. You'll meet him later. Believe it or not, it was Ellie's father who asked my father to let me be your guardian and more importantly, your protector. Percy's father personally asked Grover to help me look after you." Percy asked, "So if you're Hermes' daughter.......... Who is my dad? What about Ellie?"

Before either Adriana or Grover could answer, Ellie gasped when arrows blocked their path causing Adriana and Grover to stand in front of Ellie and Percy. Adriana said to the archers, "Whoa! Be careful with shooting range! We have newcomers here!" She then showed Ellie and Percy the battery training field where they came across a girl sword fighting five guys. Ellie said to Adriana, curious, "Who's that?" Grover laughed and said, "She will squash you like a bug. But, her name is Annabeth, daughter of Athena. She does most of the battle training around these parts." Adriana gasped and said, "That reminds me....... Annabeth is supposed to help me train for the capture the flag. Grover will take you two to your cabins. I'll catch you guys later." Adriana ran over to Annabeth who high fived her. Grover said to the two, running ahead of them, "Come on, let's go!" Percy and Ellie chased after Grover while Percy was actually chasing Eleanor who was laughing as she ran. She said to Percy, "You can't catch me, Percy! You have to be faster than that!" Percy replied, with a laugh, "You gotta head start! Let's just see about that!" Once they got to Grover's side, Percy wrapped his arms around Ellie's waist and lifted her off the ground causing her to giggle. But, their moment was shirt by galloping of horses or what seemed like to be horses. A centaur came running towards them revealing that he was in fact Mr. Brunner, Ellie and Percy's history and Latin teacher from their school. Percy laughed and said, in shock, "Mr. Brunner?! No way!" Mr. Brunner, aka Chiron, chuckled at the boy's shock, he knew that one day Percy and Eleanor were going to find out sooner or later. He replied to Percy, "In my world, I'm know as Chiron. So, how are you recovering?" Percy chuckled and answered, "I think you should be asking Ellie that...... not me. She's taking it in a lot harder than you might think. So, who is my father? And Eleanor's father?" Chiron sighed, looking at Eleanor and Percy, and said, "Follow me." Before they could leave, some girls sitting on a rock were calling for Grover. Grover said to the three, "Ooh...... The daughters of Aphrodite, goddess and the mother-load of love. You know what that means." Ellie muttered, underneath her breath only where Percy could hear, "Oh brother." Grover said, running over to the girls, "I'm coming, baby!!!! Whoo!!!!"

Chiron rolled his eyes at the stage, thinking 'When will he ever learn?' He then turned his attention back to the two friends. Percy was poking Ellie's sides while she was trying to block the pokes but it wasn't working. He said to the two, "Alright, you two. Follow me. There's something that I have to show you." Ellie quietly thanked Chiron and ran ahead of him and Percy. They stopped in front of what seemed like two united cabins with a large dock in front of a riverbank behind it. Ellie said to Chiron, with curiosity, "What is this place?" Chiron replied, as Ellie and Percy walked into the bug cabin, "This is yours and Percy's cabin. Even though your fathers had disagreements with each other, they had always put you and Percy first." Percy spotted a Triton while Ellie spotted a lightning bolt like sword and picked both of them up at the same time. Eleanor said, looking at the sword, "My father is Zeus? King of the Gods?" Chiron only nodded at the girl, confirming her suspension. Percy said, looking at the Triton, "And my father is Poseidon?" Chiron stood by Percy's side with Ellie soon by Percy's other side and replied, "God of the seas. And God of the the sky, lightning and the thunder, and ruler of all the gods on Mount Olympus. Your fathers were brothers and still are. They wanted to stay with you but they couldn't. Eleanor's father had his duties as king to uphold, much to his dislike when she was born. Percy's father had his duties as the god of the seas to uphold as well but he was force to leave when Zeus made a law that the Gods couldn't have any contact with their children." Ellie sighed, she wished she met her real father. She said, "I wish I could've met him. Why now?" Chiron sighed as well and replied, once again, "I don't know. Someone is setting you two up. Outside this camp, you're in danger. Within the walls of this camp, your safe. Zeus made the law so that you two would be safe. If your blood or scent was near him, much like Percy's father, it would draw enemies far and near out of the shadows. Your lives would be in jeopardy just like you are now. Come on, we have something else to do."