Chapter 10: Luke vs. Eleanor

In a puff of smoke; Ellie, Percy, Adriana, and Sally arrived at the Empire State Building and landed on the top of the building. Ellie looked around, confused, and said, "The Empire State Building? I thought we're supposed to be at Mt. Olympus." Before anyone could reply; a voice said, startling the group, "Percy Jackson and Eleanor Roberts!" Percy and Ellie turned around, with their swords. While also holding her sword, Ellie held the lightning in her other hand, keeping it protected. Adriana said, in disbelief, "Luke? You're the lightning thief? B-but......how? Why?" Luke smirked at his twin sister and replied, "It's pretty simple, little sis. A war of the gods would bring them down to their doom and our generation would be able to take their place. When I heard that you, Percy, and Ellie were going to the underworld, that got me thinking. I knew that you would go to save Percy's mom. I'd never imagine that you could make it out.....alive. That's right! I am the lightning thief!" Sally said to the three friends, "Guys! Let's go!" Percy and Adriana began to follow Sally while Ellie glared at Luke who, just winked and smirked at her. Sally turned to see Ellie standing there and said, "Ellie, let's go!" Ellie, however, didn't budge. She said to her boyfriend's mother, "No, he wants to fight. He knows that if he fights me, it will be for my heritage to the throne and the lightning bolt. I will not back down from a fight!" Luke said to Ellie, wickedly, chuckling, "That's funny. Neither will I. Let's see if you really are the daughter of Zeus." Ellie rolled her eyes and replied, giving the lightning bolt to Percy, "I now know that I'm the daughter of Zeus. And I will win." Luke rolled his eyes as well and whispered, "Let's just see about that." Percy watched as his girlfriend slashed her sword towards Luke. Luke ducked and grab a sword similar to Percy's.

Ellie and Luke slashed their swords against each other's. Ellie grunted as she slashed her sword against Luke's and said to him, ducking as Luke went towards her head, "You know........... For the first few hours, when I first met you, I was beginning to like you as a brother. But now.......... you're just a mere enemy in my eyes." Luke just shrugged with a smirk and replied, "Well, you do what you can to get what you want." Ellie said to him, "You're such an idiot." When she had said that, Luke slashed his sword towards Eleanor's upper right arm and yelled out in pain. Luke said to Ellie, as she held her wounded arm only to find it bleeding, "I'm going to enjoy hurting you in front of your friends, including your boyfriend." Ellie growled at Luke and shouted, launching towards the boy, "Over my dead body!!!" They fell off the building causing Percy, Sally, and Adriana to scream "Ellie!!!!!!!!" Ellie screamed as she fell and gripped onto the edge of a window. Percy ran to the side, where his girlfriend had fallen off of, and found Ellie holding onto a window with Luke not too far from her. He noticed that Ellie kept looking at her arm, which held her sword (that then turned into a pen) and also noticed blood showing on her turquoise shirt. He shouted to Ellie, who held onto the window for dear life, "Hang on, Ellie! I'm coming!" Adriana said to Percy, "You better hurry. We only have eight minutes till midnight." Percy nodded in understanding and went to help his girlfriend, handing the lightning bolt to his mother.

Meanwhile, Ellie winced pain as the pain in her arm increased. She heard someone shouting her name and turned, keeping her grip on the window, to see Percy behind her floating in a whirlpool of water. He said to Ellie, holding his hand out for her to take, "Come on, Ellie. We don't have much time. Take my hand." Ellie took Percy's hand but winced in pain. Percy whispered, "Are you ok?" Ellie nodded her head and heard someone shouting their names. The couple turned to see Luke flying towards them and he said, "I thought you said that you weren't going to back down from a fight." Ellie smirked, she wasn't. She and Percy shared a smirk then combined their water and wind powers together and sent Luke flying away. Before they could share a kiss, Adriana and Sally called their names, causing them to fly back to the top of the building.